IGNORED

What's your unpopular opinion?

Darryl

The beach means dealing with sand for the next week. Rotten stuff gets everywhere.

We are currently holidaying on an island that is all sand. There is sand and salt throughout all our stuff. It’s in the beds, in all the bags. And it’s very fine sand. I’ll be dealing with this sand for weeks.

Good luck with the sand eviction at the end. Three of the things I hate the most are sand, sunscreen and wind, plus have (had) auburn hair so no skimping on the sunscreen.

Beach baby I am not.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad Cat

• Seayork2002

• Lurker

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Fruitmincepies

[mention]Bornagirl[/mention] Perth is a sandy sunny place, and summer is not easy for me, especially as the medication I’m on makes me more susceptible to sun damage and skin cancers. How are you enjoying Freo?

Seayork2002

@Bornagirl Perth is a sandy sunny place, and summer is not easy for me, especially as the medication I’m on makes me more susceptible to sun damage and skin cancers. How are you enjoying Freo?

Well I can confirm the Freo markets has the best orange juice in the world! as DH reminds me every single time i mention orange juice but it was seriously good

Wow, I have unexpectedly become more aware of hair. We are very late (binge) watching Homeland. In one of last night's many episodes, there was a memorial for dead soldiers and operatives. Every woman in the shot was around 30-40 yo and had long or longish straight hair. The effect was kind of creepy. Mind you, they were all wearing suits, so maybe it is that.

Which leads to my other unpopular opinion:

I really dislike suits, whether they are on men or women and I particularly dislike them on children. I think it is mostly the jacket I dislike.

Could be related to the look or what they symbolise. Haven't thought deeply enough. My dream job would be one where I am allowed to wear runners and yoga pants every day.

After a bit of ruminating, I have remembered that I had a job in the early 1990s where I could only wear trousers only if I also wore a jacket that covered my bottom. But I am pretty sure I disliked the suit aesthetic before this.

I think suits look great on thin, straight up and down people, but yeah a woman with any curves, even a thin one, looks better in something else, and a man with any chub at all looks bad in a suit.

I hate hate hate bike shorts unless it is worn with a sort of square shaped top.

It isn't about covering your crutch with something long or anything it just sort of cuts the body in half. Like a Barbie with electrical tape around her middle. Leggings are perfectly fine, but i HATE bike shorts with a passion.

Fruitmincepies

I hate hate hate bike shorts unless it is worn with a sort of square shaped top.

It isn't about covering your crutch with something long or anything it just sort of cuts the body in half. Like a Barbie with electrical tape around her middle. Leggings are perfectly fine, but i HATE bike shorts with a passion.

I’m yet to see an example of bike shorts looking good on anyone.

Dancing queen is a terrible song.

And it's not that I hate ABBA or daggy pop music or 70s disco) dancefloor classics - on the contrary in fact! But that song, urgh. It's not good to dance to, too slow and boring. It's not happy or sad or angry or fun or even a good tune. I love heaps of ABBA songs and can't understand why THAT is the popular one

I'm not an Abba fan at all, much to the horror of many😂

I was a child when they came out and never got them.

I also hate the Mamma mia movies..

Givingitanothergo

And it's not that I hate ABBA or daggy pop music or 70s disco) dancefloor classics - on the contrary in fact! But that song, urgh. It's not good to dance to, too slow and boring. It's not happy or sad or angry or fun or even a good tune. I love heaps of ABBA songs and can't understand why THAT is the popular one

Can’t stand ABBA.. Am a huge Dolly Parton fan though.. would love to see her live and go to Dollywood

Can’t stand ABBA.. Am a huge Dolly Parton fan though.. would love to see her live and go to Dollywood

Dolly is amazing!

I really like ABBA but have NO interest in the mama mia movies.

I don't like Meryl Streep. I don't think she's that great an actress except in The Devil Wears Prada, she was brilliant in that.

I really like ABBA but have NO interest in the mama mia movies.

I don't like Meryl Streep. I don't think she's that great an actress except in The Devil Wears Prada, she was brilliant in that.

I'm not a fam of Meryl Streep either, but the first Mama Mia changed my mind - if you look in another thread you'll see it's my pick-me-up movie. She's still by no means my favourite actor in that movie, though.

GrannySmith

Paper straws should not exist. I hate the texture of them in my mouth and my children always manage to destroy them before finishing their drink.

Paper straws should not exist. I hate the texture of them in my mouth and my children always manage to destroy them before finishing their drink.

I completely understand the environmental justification for them and support that 100%, but it does seem silly to make a device to convey liquid out of a substance that, ya know, dissolves in liquid! I had maccers on the weekend and ended up just drinking coke out of the cup rather than use the straw. Also couldn't help thinking the cup and lid is plastic too ... Yet the draw was dissolving in my mouth...

ETA: It's probably not an unpopular opinion, I think everyone hates paper straws. It's just something we have to suck up (ha ha!) for the greater environmental benefits

Kiwi Bicycle

So if we are not happy with paper straws, we all need to have reuseable silcon and stainless steel straws. If you don't like metal in the mouth feel, some come with silicon mouth tips. Along with metal cultery in a case.

GrannySmith

So if we are not happy with paper straws, we all need to have reuseable silcon and stainless steel straws. If you don't like metal in the mouth feel, some come with silicon mouth tips. Along with metal cultery in a case.

I use metal happily at home but I don’t carry them everywhere with me..my organisation skills are simply not up to that.

@Bornagirl Perth is a sandy sunny place, and summer is not easy for me, especially as the medication I’m on makes me more susceptible to sun damage and skin cancers. How are you enjoying Freo?

I love Freo. I loved it when my friend and I did a return bike ride from Perth 35 years ago, and loved it just as much this time. We broke the return to Perth at Cottesloe, sat there for half and hour on the grass, then ate at Il Lido.

I could happily retire to Freo if it wasn’t for the fact that 90% of the people who are important in my life live in Melbourne, and none of the other 10% live in WA.

We’re in Broome at the moment, so even more sun and sand, but having a ball.

Fruitmincepies

Mmmmm il Lido, such a lovely spot for a glass of rose [mention]Bornagirl[/mention]

Broome is one of my favourite places, I haven’t been in 20 years but I’m looking forward to taking the kids there one day.

squeekums-the-elf

when people at work get a slushie, i tell them to grab a hanful of the straws just so they will be able to finish the whole drink with out a disgusting soggy straw

Even with regular drinks, everyone takes minimum 3 straws

stuff that shit, i just buy a box of plastic off ebay, cheap and i get heaps

I aint washing bloody straws or having wet drippy ones left in my bag

Are there people who aren't happy with the feeling of metal in their mouth? What about literally all cutlery?!

Advertisement