IGNORED

Miscellaneous - moment of gratitude

MaryanneK

Thought it would be nice to have a spot to post short things we are grateful for. Can be fluffy or serious.

Mine : I'm having an awful personal time at the moment and my friends and family are so beautiful, they are bringing me to tears with their kindness

Also - just stepped back for a moment today to realise how amazing it is that this site exists! Thinking back to the day that I read EB was closing down, and how grateful I am that we had members willing and able to start a new site...just like that...! It's pretty amazing and I personally am extremely grateful for this community.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad Cat

• Bethlehem

• Not So Retro

• El Segundo

Top Posters In This Topic

My work, which I enjoy so much.

My younger kids, who I am enjoying so much more now that I have a preview of teenhood with the oldest.

Hot cross buns - better appreciate them before they're gone.

And my networks online - initially here to soften the blow of EB dying, and now the new forum I'm on.

Edited by Zeppelina
edited by mods

Today I’m grateful I didn’t have to battle a company to do the right thing. Recently purchased new outdoor furniture and with the rain in sydney recently it’s started to have a few issues despite being kept under a pergola.

Contacted the company and had my battle gear on expecting some excuses about how it wasn’t a fault in the product etc etc. I was delightfully surprise when the customer care member jumped right in and said ‘don’t you worry about it, we’ll send someone next week to give it a special clean with our tools and then recoat it with oils etc and restore it’.. I probably should be considering asking for a replacement but am grateful that step one with this company has been so customer focused and they want to get into fixing this issue rather than palming me off with excuses

Sancti-claws

I read a New Humans of Australia story this morning that made me incredibly grateful to have grown up in such safety - physically, mentally and nutritionally.

And yes, thankful that I have an online group of friends that I can chat.

Grateful for my job.

Grateful for whoever first smashed a couple of stones together and invented music.

Grateful that hate speech is not allowed here.

Grateful for the internet.

Grateful for others who will speak when I can't.

Grateful for the edit button.

Chicken Pie

Grateful for Australia being my home for the past 11 yrs and forever more

My daughter flourishing into an amazing young woman

This online group

Can I just be grateful for a moment that even with all the bad things going on, all the anger at the misogyny and hatred, all the day to day problems, I still have enough heart within me to shed a small tear at the news of Bindi Irwin naming her child Grace Warrior Irwin Powell. It's beautiful and perfect to me.

Grateful that I'm about to start a weeks leave (well, after I get through 8 hours of overtime that is).

Grateful that the Sydney Royal Easter show is on this year so my annual trip to Sydney can go ahead and I can exhibit my dogs there.

Grateful that my best friend, who is the messiest, untidiest, most disorganized person on the planet is making a sterling effort to be organized so we can leave for Sydney at an early hour, seeing as it's going to take us 12 hours to drive there.

There's an ad with a rabbit on it. And every time I see it, it makes me get all day dreamy about one day having a big fluffy rabbit. And what's not to love about five minutes pleasantly day dreaming?

Side note: total advertising fail though as I couldn't tell you what the ad is for because I'm too busy thinking about said rabbit.

Grateful that we got guinea pigs. Never really had pets as a kid and never really had the chance as an adult. Love our girls and not sure if our piggies are really DS's (which they are technically) or mine. Given they waddle off his lap and onto mine (after all Mum === food) ......

Melbourne is opening up again to international travellers and I am getting my first Pfizer injection next week. Maybe, just maybe all the stars will align and I'll get home as planned.

Lucrezia Borgia

i am grateful that, despite everything - despite opposition and roadblocks from all angles, right and left, there are females who will speak out against our sex based oppression - who will name our oppression, our oppressors - so we can fight it. speaking truth to power - against the right and the left - females are awesome.

I'm grateful to be making a cake for DS2 who is turning 7. There's a little boy who should have turned 7 a few weeks ago but never got the chance to even turn 3.

I'm grateful almost every day for the doctors and paramedics who saved my life.

Today I am grateful for the cool Autumn weather, my absolute favourite season here.

I am grateful our dog just alerted us to a cat in our yard. It was trying to sneak into the tree where there are birds nesting (and was also trying to claw our dogs face). We sprayed the cat with the hose and it ran off. Hopefully it won't be back for the baby Djiti djiti's.

I am grateful for my husband taking the kids to the thing we had planned and that I don't have to listen to the conspiracy filled political bullshit from some of the people were going with.

And that I have time to myself to regroup.

Grateful for amazing highschool teachers who turned pivoted to online learning and thier persistence balancing online and irl

To dd's teachers who helped her get tested early and get the support she needs.

Grateful for the amazing funding here that we have had access to awesome services at no cost, this is all.so mainly down to said teachers.

So many things really.

Though today especially for the explosion of the cherry blossoms in my neighbourhood. Just perfect this year.

Grateful that I'm about to start a weeks leave (well, after I get through 8 hours of overtime that is).

Grateful that the Sydney Royal Easter show is on this year so my annual trip to Sydney can go ahead and I can exhibit my dogs there.

Grateful that my best friend, who is the messiest, untidiest, most disorganized person on the planet is making a sterling effort to be organized so we can leave for Sydney at an early hour, seeing as it's going to take us 12 hours to drive there.

When are you there? I can come say hi :-)

Grateful for Medicare, ndis and all that it encompasses.

Watching my dad get top care and support in his final days. Watching my kids get therapy and help.

I’m also grateful for fairy bread.

For the visual. For the taste. For the simple joy. For the discussion it has started in the international cross stitch group. For the simplicity

Little Bear

I’m grateful we got our two kittens from the RSPCA mid February. They are helping me feel some joy and happiness each day.

I’m grateful for so much at the moment. Things are generally pretty good.

Grateful for a great opportunity that I’m currently pursuing.

Grateful that the family are all well.

Grateful for the beautiful weather.

Grateful for a wonderful group of friends.

Grateful for this site 😊

Not So Retro

I am home alone after going out earlier to collect an ebay purchase and do the shopping I would normally do on Sunday except the shops will be closed. The bluetooth speaker is playing my favourite tunes, the sun is out and it's so beautifully quiet outside. Later tonight resident boy and I will take Chinese to tall boy and his GF for a belated birthday dinner. They have a sweet little cat (my grand kitty) so we'll get to play with her too. It's a good day

Ron Swanson

i am grateful that, despite everything - despite opposition and roadblocks from all angles, right and left, there are females who will speak out against our sex based oppression - who will name our oppression, our oppressors - so we can fight it. speaking truth to power - against the right and the left - females are awesome.

I am grateful you don't give up on us [mention]Lucrezia Borgia[/mention].

We had our disagreements on old eb, but slowly over time, your tenacity has helped me step back and see clearly what I was missing.

Thank you!

Seayork2002

I will always be grateful for the NHS for the massive help I had when ds was little and I am so sorry for the problems they are having now

Advertisement