IGNORED

Sizing for babies - need a refresher

purpleduck

Honestly? It depends on the kid. My first was perfectly average and used the guide age for sizes as a challenge ('3 months? Better get growing so I'm completely in that size by then!'), and my 12mo is still in 00 bonds (size 3-6 months, in theory) and 00 and 0 in other brands.

I am also camp 'studs over zips' for the teeny sizes as its easier to completely undo quickly if needed and do a full change. I was caught too many times with my first where I would unzip from the bottom end, then he would leak and all of a sudden I had to zip the onesie back up to undo from the top. Mostly because I was still getting used to nappies and how the whole baby thing worked.

So my opinion is studs for size 0000 and 000 and zip for 00 and above.

I love buying baby stuff though- especially for other people :)

This is exactly why I stopped using the two way zip. He'd wee on himself, or vomit, or I'd notice I leak I had missed before and I'd be left trying to re-zip him into a soiled suit so that I could unzip it from the two.

We actually ended up mostly dressing him in bodysuits with leggings - that way his whole top half stayed covered for most nappy changes and it was warmer for him.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greenbean

• Living Type

• purpleduck

• MagdaRegis

Top Posters In This Topic

Princess Peach

Bonds were always a generous fit in comparison to the rest of the outfits.

& yes another who preferred the snaps to zips - I needed to unzip so far up to actually get the second leg out of the suit.

I disagree on the sizing. Yes, the zip ones are roomy but the classic suits with snaps are about a size smaller than regular clothes IMHO.

My DD1 (4.02kg at birth) was too big for 0000 ones, went straight into 000 and those lasted less than a month. But she was in 0000 for everything else for a week or so.

DD2 (4.82kg) was pretty much too big for the 000 straight away, she didn't even fit newborn nappies. Zip ones were fine though.

On the built-in feet thing - the bonds fold over ones are good because they have lots of room. A whole heap of DD’s onesies had to be given away because they had little built in feet and she had enormous paddles 😂

On the built-in feet thing - the bonds fold over ones are good because they have lots of room. A whole heap of DD’s onesies had to be given away because they had little built in feet and she had enormous paddles 😂

Same here. My mum cut the feet off a whole lot of her jumpsuits and added ribbing

Shocked that people prefer snaps over zips!! So many awful memories of middle of the night screaming baby changes, when you're so bloody tired and you can't get those friggin' snaps to match up! I'll never be fooled by cute snap onesies again.

PocketMacrophobia

Zips any day for me. Anything that made baby stage easier 😂

I also loved body suits with those baggy bonds pants. A bit like loose Yoga pants for a baby. So soft and so roomy for squiggling around in. Do they still make those?

Kiwi Bicycle

Shocked that people prefer snaps over zips!! So many awful memories of middle of the night screaming baby changes, when you're so bloody tired and you can't get those friggin' snaps to match up! I'll never be fooled by cute snap onesies again.

My only experience with a zip was the one way Bonds suit. Where you had to virtually take the entire thing off the baby to change them. They introduced the two way zips a year later but by then I was discovered two pieces were so much easier on a wiggly toddler.

Personally I don’t mind snaps!

Instead of starting a new topic I thought I’d ask here. I don’t like the bonds wondersuits as I think they’re really thin. Bought a few and don’t think they’ll be that warm over winter. Are the terry ones the same length? If they are I’ll try them for winter. I love having enclosed feet.

I like cottonon but my bubba is already filling the 6-12 month size at 8 months. I’m worried the 12–18 month will swim on her. I can’t get in store to try. Should I take the risk or can anyone suggest a brand that is warm, with feet, for a longish, slim bubba?

[mention]MissHLH[/mention] my toddler wears the terry bonds jumpsuits to bed and they are great. They are the same length ... so yes quite long. She wears it with a long sleeve body suit underneath now that we've hit cold weather in Melbourne. I buy those from marks & Spencer online.

I live near a bonds outlet and they frequently have those on sale. I got a green terry one the other day for $4 (40% off already reduced sale prices). She looks like a giant green teddy monster. It's adorable

Living Type

Miss Hlh The bonds poodlette or ribbed ones are warmer than the standard zippies. They also do a padded wonder suit that is warmed again. Ergopouch do their layer suits which are tog 1.0 so super warm and not too think. I have babies that get super cold in the night and these are my favourite

Thanks [mention]Greenbean[/mention], a green teddy monster sounds adorable.

And thanks [mention]Living Type[/mention], I will look at the Ergo ones too.

Advertisement