As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Should Charles becoming King?

magic_marker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magic_marker

• Pnut

• Seayork2002

• LunaFreya

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have flushed the bracelet down the toilet.

My guess is that is why Diana was chosen. Young and compliant. Me at 19, I would have been feisty mike you. Now, less so.

magic_marker

Modus Operandi of the family is if you step out of line they will destroy you. Or is it just the press. Look what's happening to Harry right now. It's all about how he didn't extend his stay to celebrate a birthday with his grandmother. He could have already, but the press won't report that, it won't sell.

Modus Operandi of the family is if you step out of line they will destroy you. Or is it just the press. Look what's happening to Harry right now. It's all about how he didn't extend his stay to celebrate a birthday with his grandmother. He could have already, but the press won't report that, it won't sell.

Hadn't he announced he would remain in the UK till after her birthday? Or was that just media speculation?

magic_marker

Hadn't he announced he would remain in the UK till after her birthday? Or was that just media speculation?

Speculation l think.

Kiwi Bicycle

^and isn’t his wife heavily pregnant back home?

With a not quite 2 year old. And may go early?

Well apparently he had an important dinner to attend.

Harry was reportedly spotted at exclusive Hollywood club San Vicente Bungalows on the Queen’s 95th birthday. He dined with an 81-year-old heiress and philanthropist despite earlier reports suggesting the Prince would begin a 10-day quarantine.

Quarantine is a Covid guideline in California, but is not mandatory.

If it's a what I think *should* happen with no bearing on what's likely, I have no sympathy for any becoming king nor keeping any wealth.

I don't have a shred of respect for their charitable work, environmental interests, personal hobbies, military service, or how long they've waited or what they've put up with in their marriages to get the throne.

Meghan may keep whatever money she had from her own career plus one tiara for pissing off all the racists.

I don't get being okay with the monarchy but not Charles. He's no better or worse than the rest.

Its not a merit-based role and the whole thing is based on being in a direct line of cheating murderous scumbags of which Charles is a pretty low-key example.

I personally don't buy into this "innocent lamb led to the slaughter" narrative that was/still is pushed about Diana. It encases her in a sort of pristine, angelic chrysalis that doesn't actually represent her nor do any justice to the very complex but ultimately "normal" human that she was.

She grew up very closely connected to royal family, a connection that went back several generations. Both her grandmothers were ladies-in-waiting to the Queen Mother who, incidentally, had pushed for many years for her grandson to marry one of the Spencer girls. Her father John Spencer was at one time engaged to an aristocratic lady-in-waiting to Princess Margaret before marrying Diana's mother. Apart from many high ranking aristocratic positions, he was also an equerry to both the current Queen and her father before that, so he was extremely close to the rulers of the land. She grew up in a house situated on the Sandringham Estate (before her father inherited the title of Earl from his father and they moved to the family pile Althorp). She was a childhood playmate to both Princes Andrew and Edward, and she was naturally was invited to family occasions with the younger members of the royal family (birthday parties, children's Christmas parties etc), Charles even dated her older sister Sarah for a time in the 1970's.

I honestly don't believe that she was in the least bit "starry eyed" and innocent of the world she was marrying into. This was her world too! I think they did love each other to an extent in the early years, and she herself has said that they were particularly close when she was pregnant with Harry. However both of them came lumbered with heavy emotional baggage, apart from the 12 year age difference and the vastly different interests they had, and that meant their marriage was ultimately doomed and inevitably they both looked elsewhere for love and comfort. How very human of them!

As I've said previously, I think it a great shame that she didn't live long enough to remarry as he did. I think it might have allowed people to see the very human side to both of them. I wonder how she might have influenced her sons choices in wives. I'm sure she'd have loved her grandchildren as much as Prince Charles seems to. Maybe that might have brought a greater affection and understanding between them and also to the public. Who knows?

Advertisement