IGNORED

Should Charles becoming King?

magic_marker

magic_marker

Long Live Queen Elizabeth!!! Love her to bits.

However l feel that Charles is a huge disappointment and would rather see William ascend the throne.

I have a higher regard for Duchess Catherine than the Duchess of Cornwall.

And l still love Hazza.

Interested to know other opinions of the subject?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• magic_marker

• Pnut

• Seayork2002

• LunaFreya

Top Posters In This Topic

StillFreddiesMum

Yes. His will only be a short reign and it will give William and Catherine more time with their young family before William becomes king.

It’s a hereditary monarchy. You don’t get to skip or switch, that’s just not how it works 🤷‍♀️

Charles will be completely fine in a wholly ceremonial role.

magic_marker

I do not want Liz to abdicate, they're a hot mess underneath her.

Wholly agree. I can't imagine the Monarchy without her.

Liz has a few more years in her yet and there is no way she will abdicate...

So Charles will probably get 15-20 years max in the throne before Wills is in, he essentially a seat warmer!

magic_marker

I'll make myself more clear.

I don't want Queen Elizabeth to abdicate.

I just don't want Charles on the throne if heaven forbid, something happened to Lizzie.

Well unless Charles pops off in the next couple of years before his mother, he is the future king!

I do have a question though if Charles dies before Liz, does it go to Wills (as the next on line after Charles) or Anne (as the next child of Liz)?

Long Live Queen Elizabeth!!! Love her to bits.

However l feel that Charles is a huge disappointment and would rather see William ascend the throne.

I have a higher regard for Duchess Catherine than the Duchess of Cornwall.

And l still love Hazza.

Interested to know other opinions of the subject?

What has Charles done/not done to be such a disappointment to you?

magic_marker

Well unless Charles pops off in the next couple of years before his mother, he is the future king!

I do have a question though if Charles dies before Liz, does it go to Wills or Anne?

Wills is next in line after Charles.

If the Queens Uncle didn't abdicate and hand over the reigns to his brother, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Ok. I just looked it up and it's Statute Law that he has to unless Parliament changes it.

Edited by magic_marker

Charles will be fine as King. He's trained for it for his entire life. I like Camilla. She seems sensible and down to earth. It's just a shame that she and Charles weren't allowed to marry because of the silly virgin/reputation requirement.

William and Kate have small children they're busy raising. I'm sure they'd rather be hands on with them than being King and Queen. Their time will come.

Harry needs to take a good hard look at what sort of woman he's married and how easily she lies about things that can be easily disproven.

StillFreddiesMum

JollyF - the order is the first born (son) of the first born (son). So - Charles - William - George - Charlotte - Louis - Harry. When Princess Anne was born she was 2nd in line after Charles - then the Queen had 4 children in total and Anne got pushed back behind Andrew and Edward.

They had to change the rules / law before George was born so that if William and Catherine had Charlotte first - she would have been Queen and she wouldnt have been outranked by any younger brothers. The Scandi countries have royalty where the princess has been born first - and she will become Queen.

I do have a question though if Charles dies before Liz, does it go to Wills (as the next on line after Charles) or Anne (as the next child of Liz)?

William, then George, Charlotte and Louis. Not sure if Andrew is still in the running but if he is then Andrew, his two daughters, then the baby that was recently born. After that Edward, Louise and James. Then it would be Anne. She's last of the siblings because she's female. The Queen has amended succession order rules since just before George was born. Now it's in birth order regardless of sex, not males first in birth order, then females in birth order.

Edit: Damn, I forgot Harry. He'd be after William's children and before Andrew and Edward.

I do have a question though if Charles dies before Liz, does it go to Wills or Anne?

Wills is next in line after Charles.

If the Queens Uncle didn't abdicate and hand over the reigns to his brother, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Ok. I just looked it up and it's Statute Law that he has to unless Parliament changes it.

Yer I knew he became king the moment Liz dies, he has to abdicate if he doesn’t want it. He won’t, he has trained his whole life for it.

magic_marker

The order of succession

1. The Prince of Wales

2. The Duke of Cambridge

3. Prince George of Cambridge

4. Princess Charlotte of Cambridge

5. Prince Louis of Cambridge

6. The Duke of Sussex

7. Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

8. The Duke of York

9. Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi

10. Princess Eugenie, Mrs. Jack Brooksbank

11. Master August Brooksbank

12. The Earl of Wessex

13. Viscount Severn

14. The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor

15. The Princess Royal

16. Mr. Peter Phillips

17. Miss Savannah Phillips

18. Miss Isla Phillips

19. Mrs. Michael Tindall

20. Miss Mia Tindall

21. Miss Lena Tindall

22. Master Lucas Tindall

JollyF - the order is the first born (son) of the first born (son). So - Charles - William - George - Charlotte - Louis - Harry. When Princess Anne was born she was 2nd in line after Charles - then the Queen had 4 children in total and Anne got pushed back behind Andrew and Edward.

They had to change the rules / law before George was born so that if William and Catherine had Charlotte first - she would have been Queen and she wouldnt have been outranked by any younger brothers. The Scandi countries have royalty where the princess has been born first - and she will become Queen.

Thanks. I knew the order. I was just curious if it changed if Charles died before Liz but nope doesnt change a thing. Just means many would get their preferred king and a republic would be probably lose more ground.

No way will Charles abdicate. He’s lived most of his life in preparation for kingship, and made many sacrifices and choices along the way (good and bad) to that end.

[mention]StillFreddiesMum[/mention] - it says “MRS” Michael Tindal which is Zara. Ugh I hate that archaic formulation of married women’s names 😩

magic_marker

Magic Marker - Princess Anne's daughter Zara would be 19 - not her husband (too much like the Shrek movie)

Copied and pasted from one of the Royal pages.

Advertisement