IGNORED

Is Aus Post losing a lot of parcels or just mine?

Affogato

I'd never had trouble ordering items online before the last 6 months but I am up to 4 or 5 missing parcels now with Australia Post over the past 6 months.

Has anyone else had this kind of trouble receiving parcels or have any suggestions why it may be happening? The 4 or 5 parcels have all had tracking which just stops and doesn't start again before reaching my address.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrankyM

• Affogato

• Prancer

• qak

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had one take months to receive. Even within Australia around 3-4 weeks capital to capital. They cut delivery services in half when they gave Christine Holgate the flick. Your parcels may yet arrive but they've cut it to the point it can no longer functions, which is what they want to justify further privatisation.

Bah humbug I'm cynical and grumpy tonight.

I'm in Central Western NSW. It's a bit strange as this never happened to any of my parcels before around 6 months ago. It's about half of my online purchases in that time so I maybe it is a hint that I should stop buying online.

We found a parcel of Christmas presents the other day that had been delivered in November. The postie had climbed a retaining wall and stuffed it under a mat outside the side door that we very rarely use. Most drivers leave it on the front porch or behind the wheels bins.

I lodged a claim through Auspost, the company and eventually PayPal and received a refund for it.

Princess Peach

Not here, but my brother has issues - to the point they get everything delivered to his work as it arrives- send it to their home (which is 4 streets away), forget about it.

And they live in a small country town.

I don’t think Aus post have ever lost a parcel of mine . If they’re all from different places, losing that many seems a bit too much for coincidence, it sounds like they’ve a weak link somewhere in the chain to you

I’ve bought piles of things since covid, and not had a single thing go missing. A couple of things seemed to get stuck/forgotten somewhere, but always arrived eventually.

I haven’t lost a parcel, but delivery times have blown out. Even for letter mail. What would be a few days, is now a week or more. During lockdown it was understandable, but everything is open and running at or near pre-covid levels.

ImperatorFuriosa

Off topic, but has anyone had aus post drivers leave their parcels on top of their effin car when they are not home. (Went out in DP car). Just me? Ok, cool.

We lose alot of parcels in my area, the thieves seem to follow the trucks around and grab stuff off the door steps before anyone has a chance to open the door and grab it. We seem to be luckier, I've only lost a few things, just not quick enough when we hear the gate go. It's really annoying.

Kiwi Bicycle

Off topic, but has anyone had aus post drivers leave their parcels on top of their effin car when they are not home. (Went out in DP car). Just me? Ok, cool.

A friend on mine ran over her delivery of gourmet veges last year during lockdown. I can't remeber if the courier put it there or she did and forgot.

DH had to replace the laptop of a sales person once who left it on the roof of their car and it fell and they ran over it...

My lost experiences were during lockdown, so not sure whether it's the same.

Similar sounding issue though - tracking would just stop mid-transit.

They seemed to get moving again after I lodged a missing article (or similiar name, can't remember exactly) through the Aus post website. Within a couple of days they would suddenly reappear in the tracking and start moving again. Worth a try if you haven't don't that already.

So frustrating that this is happening to so many articles though.

RynandStompy

We had a lot of parcels taking longer during Melbourne lockdown, understandable.

The only missing parcel that completely vanished in Auspost system despite tracking : ..DH's Christmas present of special whiskey from a Tasmanian distillery. Funny that.

I don't think I've ever had something not turn up.

The one time ... I complained to the seller and they resent, then both arrived on the same day :rolling_eyes:

Honest me told the seller & they said keep both LOL.

ImperatorFuriosa

A friend on mine ran over her delivery of gourmet veges last year during lockdown. I can't remeber if the courier put it there or she did and forgot.

DH had to replace the laptop of a sales person once who left it on the roof of their car and it fell and they ran over it...

I came home to find my scentsy order sitting on the roof of my car. I was like wtf?! Wouldn't be happy if anyone nicked off with my precious scentsy.

I have had a few issues.

A few years ago a parcel went missing in transit.

Last year though, I was out when they delivered a parcel and responded to a text saying to leave it at the door. Then got a message saying that the parcel was delivered but it was not. Aust post told me it was signed for. Investigation showed it was not me who signed it and the GPS of the postal van had the parcel dropped off in the middle of no where. Aust post contacted the people I got the parcel off amd I got a new one. Then 2 months later a huge box was sitting in front of my post box and it was my order. Odd!

After this though, I will never have a parcel left at my door. Our area is safe and I am off the street, but I would not trust australia post. If there was no gps on the parcel truck or a signed card thst was not my name, I would not have got a new parcel.

I think the contractors are the issue. The take off of on line shopping meant they employed staff quickly. I have people turn up in cars with parcels that have nothing on their car identifying them as being from australia post. Once I thought it was a neighbour delivering a stray parcel rather than the delivery guy. I do wonder if they have unrealistic delivery targets and dump the odd parcel to finish quicker.

VeritasVinumArte

My DDS books (being sent Melbourne to Melbourne) got lost. Had to be resent as Aust Post didn’t know where they were. 8wks later the original books turned up delivered.... they had spent the Christmas holidays in Brisbane.

We lost a parcel a few years ago - it was DD had ordered online. We received notification it was delivered and we quizzed neighbours etc.

Long story short, after investigations and tracking vehicles etc, the delivery guy was found to be stealing multiple parcels. He was tracked stopping outside our house, but apparently just marked the parcel as delivered then drove off (in the days before photos at the door). Aust post correspondence we got said "action was taken" against him.

He would have been disappointed in DD's parcel - an old "My little pony".

Advertisement