As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Tell me about your Tattoos

BKK

MintyBiscuit

I haven't got one yet. I'm planning on getting one for my son. It will either be a deer or an octopus. His name means deer and there's a lot of symbolism tied up in them for me. An octopus is his favourite toy and at this point quite symbolic of him to the point other people send me octopus stuff and there are children who know him as the octopus baby.

I don't want his name written out or his portrait, I want a reference.

It will be probably in black and white.

Tattoos are NOT done in my culture but I want something for him, after he's gone, on my body that isn't just the C-section scar. The scar is "had a baby" the art is specifically him.

It's probably good I like so many animal/plant/nature names. Because having done that for one child I would have to keep doing it to be fair probably.

However until I started looking at flash I had no idea how many deer tatts are hunting tatts and how many octopus ones are like monstrous krakens eating ships. Not doing those.

A good tattoo artist could even take the toy in question and make a beautiful tattoo of it if you wanted something quite specific to him. Flash is often quite mediocre I find, the best tattoos are those that are designed for the person wearing them

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BKK

• Ozgirl

• Willa May

• Zeppelina

Oh I should say I found a few options for a good start and I'll probably not copy any but just find an artist I like who doesn't think I'm mental and be like here's a couple inspiration but I'm not copying.

This one is cool

https://pin.it/6b57pXn

MintyBiscuit

LDD I’m happy to pass on the details of my tattoo artist, she’s wonderful and did a beautiful memorial tattoo on my DH for his mum. PM me if you’re interested

I’m getting my first tattoo next month. 35 years old, a teal ribbon on the inside of my wrist. Hopefully incorporating my husband’s and two son’s initials, one conceived after the cancer.

My bestie is coming with me, getting a peacock with a teal ribbon incorporated in the tail ❤️

Givingitanothergo

I have a tiny one on the inside of my ankle. My partner and I got matching ones in Thailand as all good bogans do 😂

I hate pain and after the 2 minutes it took I’d had enough. He has loads and the pain doesn’t bother him

My ex husband had a couple and read the paper whilst they were being done

I have one, have my second booked and my third is being drawn up currently.

They all mean something significant to me.

Can’t say they hurt. I was surprised how pain free it was really but I am starting to wonder if I have a rather high pain threshold after a few things lately.

My tatts will always be able to be covered in some way. Just a personal choice I have made mostly for my future employment.

I love looking at people’s tattoos. I like to read what they say and check out designs. It’s like seeing a small slither of their personal thoughts...

Chicken Pie

i have 7 and all have meaning - there is a poem, cherry blossom, DD's name, latin saying, butterfly, and just under a half sleeve design

pinterest is great for inspiration, currently wanting a half to full sleeve on my other arm and have some concepts but i am not artistic or creative so challenge is someone who will be able to design something that is "me"

Mine is just something pretty; it doesn't have any real significance.

Can't say I agree with the doesn't hurt brigade! It's not unbearable but it's painful.

I had my design appointment, I am going for a blue rose/ flower with a couple of leaves.

My son bites and scratches me constantly. Should I put this on the back of my arm over the scratches near my wrist or on the front of the arm where it’s more hidden.

• 1 month later...

I just love it!

www.smelwinkart.com

mel wink did this for me in Richmond. Really nice and really creative.

Getting the tattoo done was basically painless. It’s a bit irritating but that’s all. No more painful than having sunburn on your arm.

love love love it.

• Like 1

It's beautiful 🥰

I loved the feeling of getting my tattoos and even blushed during some places getting done (shoulder blade). Was a relieving feeling, like getting a back scratch. Very pleasant.  

• Like 2

Karma Sutra
4 hours ago, Willa May said:

It's beautiful 🥰

I loved the feeling of getting my tattoos and even blushed during some places getting done (shoulder blade). Was a relieving feeling, like getting a back scratch. Very pleasant.  

Well the one I had done on my left butt cheek wasn’t relaxing at all 😳. More like a white knuckle affair with a generous helping of Jesus Christ to boot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Holidayromp said:

Well the one I had done on my left butt cheek wasn’t relaxing at all 😳. More like a white knuckle affair with a generous helping of Jesus Christ to boot. 

My artist told me the bum is the most painful place to get done. 

• Like 1

Karma Sutra
23 hours ago, Willa May said:

My artist told me the bum is the most painful place to get done. 

Tell me about it 😳. The two OxyContin I took prior did not even take the edge off.

My right cheek can jolly well stay un-inked. 

I have 7 Tattoos. Didn’t get my first til my 1st marriage broke down. 

my 1st was on the back of my neck, a tiny little star sign symbol. 
I then got my right shoulder blade done in NZ. A beautiful color picture of some vines with butterflies. 
I have my other shoulder blade done with tinker bell. 
I have back hip /Lower back with a feather mixed with the infinity symbol and my daughters name. 
On my right wrist is an Owl with the words ‘never lose hope’ and the leaves in the owls stick/perch represent the miscarriages I’ve had. 
I have 5 birds on my chest which I absolutely love! Got this before that movie made them popular. 
my most recent is an anchor on my wedding ring finger that both my husband and I got. He is a commercial fisherman and can’t wear his wedding ring while working so we did this a few weeks after we got married. 

it’s been 2 years since I got the last tattoo, and I’m currently Planning my next. It will be on my thigh, and will be super pretty. No color, just black :) 

Edited by Blizzy
  • Like 2

Advertisement