As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

DS Has Weird Reaction To Vaccine!

ImperatorFuriosa

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• ImperatorFuriosa

• Mrs Zee

• YTT1

Top Posters In This Topic

Princess Peach

When my DD had hers when young her whole arm swelled from elbow to shoulder and was red. The doctor wasn't worried and said future immunisations should be done deeper??? something about larger muscle or some such thing.

Wow, I was told anything bigger than a biscuit & they needed to be brought back to the GP.

My DS had a similar reaction to his dtp but I thought it was like this due to him having two within 12 months. He had one the year before due to an injury and so I did not sign the consent for another for the school vaccinations and even wrote on the form only HPV - Do not give DTP. But they did and the person doing it only realised afterwards and just said to DS oops. I had the school ringing me, the health department contacting me, luckily DS had only a swollen arm at the injection site and no other side effects. I received a written apology as well from the Health Department as well. DS is now very wary of getting vaccinations at school but he did get the meningococcal one but did double check with the nurse that they were giving the right one.

When my DD had hers when young her whole arm swelled from elbow to shoulder and was red. The doctor wasn't worried and said future immunisations should be done deeper??? something about larger muscle or some such thing.

Wow, I was told anything bigger than a biscuit & they needed to be brought back to the GP.

My DD is 18 so things have changed.... I have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder late in life and I really think DD has it so her reaction could have be put down to this...

Advertisement