As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Winter knits

Daffy2016

Need some new cosy jumpers now the weather is turning. I’ve bought from sportscraft in the past but the last few have pilled a lot and look a lot older and daggier than they should for the price.

Any suggestions on where to look? I’m around a size 16 and prefer generous fits.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jolly_F

• Gumbette

• Antifa

• DaLittleEd

Top Posters In This Topic

Fruitmincepies

I find the only knits that don’t pill are the 100% wool or cashmere ones. Anything that is a blend pills. It’s really frustrating. Country road and uniqlo have been good over the years.

About 80% of mine are from Jeanswest and they've all lasted well. Their quality seems to be pretty good.

I also have 2 I bought from Dottie a year ago and they're still in perfect condition.

Try the old razor to remove pilling trick. It does work.

I tend to wear cotton blends which I buy from Autograph or Be Me. Wool makes me itch and cashmere is out of my price range.

I did see a nice wool blend at target the other day though.

Creswick Woollen Mills have lovely stuff. Everything will pill given the right conditions, but the softer the yarn and looser the knit the more pilling you’ll get, so a good quality fabric shaver is a good investment. For extra warmth, look for alpaca fibre. It’s lovely and soft and also warm. A decent quality knit should last years and years!

I have some from jeanswest and Harris Scarfe. They are holding up well and are warm and snuggly.

Lots of people have recommended cotton on to me with good feedback.

Try Woolovers. Great range. Have held up to 6 years of pretty much constant use and abuse. The only tell tale sign that they are old is that I managed to get paint on the one cardigan and it hasn't come out.

Another vote for woolovers - I love their stuff, it’s reasonably priced and my only gripe at the moment is that they don’t seem to be doing any fitted cropped wooden cardis this year, as I wear mine all the time.

Advertisement