IGNORED

Which size would you get? M or L?

LifesGood

Need help please eb. I tried these pants on today in the shop and I'm in between M and L. They are really comfy and affordable, plus they are quite smart so I could wear them to work. The M fit like a glove, very snug particularly on the thigh - possibly too snug for work unless I lose the covid kgs . The fabric is stretch and the waist band is elastic at the back. The L was slightly too big around the middle but sat more nicely on the legs. They will have to be taken up as they are too long for me. Previously I always sized up and got a tailor to take them in where needed, but I no longer have access to my trusted tailor. They don't have belt loops.

Which would you buy?

https://www.zara.com/au/en/jogger-waist-trousers-p01478025.html?v1=98977515

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LifesGood

• Lurker

• Fruitmincepies

• Not Escapin Xmas

Top Posters In This Topic

Fruitmincepies

I would go for looser on the legs if you are sitting down a lot at work, I don’t like the feel of tight over my things while sitting. If you are on your feet then go the smaller to avoid hitching them up all the time.

Silverstreak

I would go the larger size, as they might shrink in the wash anyway.

I hear you on the trusted tailor, I am short and a lot of my tops and dresses need the sleeves taken up and neckline altered. I hope you can find another trusted tailor.

Yes bloating is an issue and also the point about sitting a lot. It is uncomfortable in tight pants. The L is probably the right choice. I've never been size L before. Depressing to acknowledge how much weight I've gained this last year.

Yes bloating is an issue and also the point about sitting a lot. It is uncomfortable in tight pants. The L is probably the right choice. I've never been size L before. Depressing to acknowledge how much weight I've gained this last year.

Nah, different brands and styles come in different sizes. Right now I'm wearing a 12, a 14 and a 16 and they all fit me about the same.

I find that I need different sizes for the same brands and sometimes the same item.

Comfort is key. If you got the large, you could tuck in a sweater or a few other layers for the Winter.

I’ve got pants that are slightly too big around the middle and can’t stand it as I’m always pulling them up, so if the medium was comfortable I’d get them.

I would go for the medium ones. They will loosen up somewhat in the legs.

Pants that are too big in the waist are annoying especially if you can’t use a belt.

I'd got the M if the L is loose in the waist. I find pants tend to stretch a bit over time anyway, and I hate my pants falling down a bit.

Honestly, neither! Neither size fits you well, so unless you're going to get them tailored, they're not the pants for you. If you do buy them I'd get the larger size and have them tailored, but I would keep looking for a pair that fit well to start with.

Advertisement