IGNORED

Humans patterns of behaviours (generally speaking)

Seayork2002

Seayork2002

I would not say this thread is a spin off but a couple of recent threads have made me think about humans and their tendency to think the same sometimes, no I am not saying all humans think the same but the two main things that stand out for me is queuing and buying in a certain way

In an area of the world I used to to live in queuing was a thing and some people even just queues because others did even though they did not know why they were queuing for

and when a product is marketed a certain way people want it signs stating 'only 20 left will be sold soon' make people want to buy it more than anything

So I thought I would bore you lot with my ramblings about humans and their quirks

yes there are exceptions to the rules and not everyone would do the above but I am just pondering

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seayork2002

• Ernegirl

• Ron Swanson

• Lurker

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there's a word for that phenomenon in advertising, I can't remember what it is though. Basically they make you panic about imagined scarcity and buy it now.

Queues are definitely cultural. I thought they were a universal thing until I went to India. They are not a thing in India.

There's also a word for thinking we all think the same way, or expecting other people to react as we do, buuuuuut I can't remember what it is.

Ron Swanson

In year 12 I did my major maths project on queuing theory, using formulas. It was quite fascinating and I think you might find it quite interesting.

There's more to waiting in line, there is also

-the arrival process,

-service process

-number of servers

-number of system places

-and the number of customers

Advertisement