IGNORED

We love Nagi and cooking from Recipetineats

TheGreenSheep

I’m trying the Christmas tree pavlova tomorrow wish me luck.

Having the Chinese crispy pork belly tonight.

I’ve got my pavlova rounds in the oven right now to assemble for tonight’s dessert.

Lol I have maple glazed ham in the oven and potato dauphinois just cooked needing the final sprinkle of cheese and a reheat whilst the ham is resting/basting.

I’m not sure about my pav tree but I’m sure it’s probably my cooking skills that made it not quite right (I’m going to blame the weather though)

I did the roasted pumpkin with chilli maple and feta yesterday. Delish. I added some dried cranberries and omitted the fresh chilli (to keep it a bit milder for the kids who refused to touch it anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️).

Was very yummy! And I have leftover for tonight - going to warm it with some gnocchi and wilted spinach.

https://pin.it/3qGNVnY

Hills Mum Bec

Pavlova tree ended up as Eton Mess. Had my rounds perfectly cooked and in a Tupperware container to transport to sisters house. They transported fine and then 2yo nephew knocked the Tupperware off the bench. Disaster! Still tasted good.

42-A159-B7-1933-4-D46-8283-E394-AAFD4141.jpg

Lol my pav was a bit of a disaster. I think I needed to let the merengue cook for longer I did it right in her timings but it was more like softer pav

I adore RecipeTinEats, but her oven is way, way, way stronger than mine. I always have to crank it up an extra 20 or so degrees, or cook longer to get the same results.

Lol my pav was a bit of a disaster. I think I needed to let the merengue cook for longer I did it right in her timings but it was more like softer pav

Could also be due to the humidity being higher.

I made her Mongolian lamb last night. I used lamb blackstrap and her velveting method. It really works! Every other time I tried a stir fry the meat was always really tough but this one was exactly like a really good chinese take away. I do think it could have done with a bit more chilli but I think that is just me.

LOL,

My sister was stressing about boxing day pav on Christmas Eve.

So she made it. Left it to 'cool' in the oven.

Next morning she asked her husband where the pav was.

Panic ensued until she looked in the oven, she had placed oven trays in the oven during clean up. And squashed it...

I made her Mongolian lamb last night. I used lamb blackstrap and her velveting method. It really works! Every other time I tried a stir fry the meat was always really tough but this one was exactly like a really good chinese take away. I do think it could have done with a bit more chilli but I think that is just me.

Velveting makes such a huge huge difference! I do it all the time for stir fries now.

I made the Mexican Corn Salad to go with dinner tonight. It was amazing and super easy too. I put the jalapeños separate for the grown ups. Definitely one to make again.

I’m making the super easy brownie tomorrow. It is so good and a family favorite.

This is in the repeat file.https://www.recipetineats.com/crispy-baked-chicken-with-gravy/ It is simple, but you almost forget the whole high heat for chicken method. No garlic, not lemon just simple, I didn't have marjoram, no real difference IMO. I'd use mixed herbs in a pinch if you didn't have the individual ones. Dark soy in the gravy is very clever,

Massive Nagi fans in our house.

Recipes that are on very high rotation:

- oven baked pork chops

- beef stroganoff

- chicken chow mein

- chicken shawarma

- creamy chicken and bacon pasta

This week, I'm going to make:

chicken burger

mongolian lamb

nasty_buddha

Christmas chicken was great - did that on boxing day and served with a salad - rocket, precooked beetroot, feta, walnuts, avo.

Made crumpets this morning

Great recipe. I bought crumpet rings in the november sales. Very easy. Next time I'll make them the day before and double the recipe so I can try to freeze some. Kids loved them.

I made the Mexican Corn Salad to go with dinner tonight. It was amazing and super easy too. I put the jalapeños separate for the grown ups. Definitely one to make again.

I’m making the super easy brownie tomorrow. It is so good and a family favorite.

This warm salad is awesome!

To avoid making kids and adult versions, I add a pinch of dry chilli flakes while corn is still hot and mix,mix,mix... Adding even a couple of flakes to a hot dish will make it somewhat spicy (well, you can taste chilli).. Mixing in cheese will tone it down a bit and kids will eat it too.

I guess adding jalapeños is a bit different:)

Advertisement