IGNORED

Let's pay off our credit cards (buckle your swashes!)

Silverstreak

• 2 weeks later...

OMG this mortgage refinance is going to be the death of me!

First the bank put a wrong email address for DH. Took a week to sort that.

Only problem was that when they reissued the documents they changed my email address and left DHs as the incorrect one. Plus had the interest rate wrong.

Broker trying to get it sorted AGAIN

So hubby's job has told him he has to work part time due to a restructure (it is a new start up company) this is going to be a huge loss of income. Fingers crossed he finds something soon.

This month isn't worrying me. We've just been paid as normal, but who knows next month how much it will be. He is still full time this week and then 3 days from next.

• 2 weeks later...
Wonkalicious

Awesome news Fleeting!! At least it gives you both the ability to be "covered" for now. Even if he chooses to keep looking for something better.

We are still waiting on this damn mortgage. Apparently settlement is tomorrow but settlement was supposed to be 2 weeks ago too. *doh* I havent paid the CCs the last few weeks knowing the loan will pay them out and thinking settlement was imminent. However DHs poppa passed away 2 weeks ago and just before he passed he and Nanna decided each grandchild would get $5000. So that is more than paying for the new fridge I ordered last week.

Oh and the fridge was mega good price. MIL knows a guy who works for Westinghouse so a $3500 fridge cost us $2500 including delivery :D

Wow Wonkalicious that seems to have been going on for ever! Fingers crossed it does settle.

We now have more redraw in our loan than what's owing. See the end with this loan now.

Wonkalicious

Its finalised!!!! Only problem is the new mortgage is an offset and we cant use it as intended because all our CCs are closed and we didnt request a CC from the mortgage provider *doh*

So now our only debt is the mortgage

Wonkalicious.

My ex and I used to put all our pay in our offset. Pay bills from it (direct debit so paid the last possible date) and gave ourselves a weekly allowance each - that we both divided for personal 'toy' spends. And meals with friends etc. And then a 'family' allowance that was for petrol, groceries and joint meals out.

Advertisement