IGNORED

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

Not Escapin Xmas

I’ve got another one :) DD9 came to work with me this morning and had a great time ‘working’ at the desk next to me making craft. She wants to come with me again on Wednesday 😍😍

Baking. Apple and cinnamon, and tomato and cheese, scrolls, and a seedy crumble for stirring through DD’s yoghurt. Just a few lunchbox things. I enjoy baking, and although my stuff is usually edible it doesn’t look the best. Doesn’t stop me trying though.

Well, its really what is making DD happy which is making me so happy - school goes back today!!!! I have a girl who has been counting the days.

Today felt like Monday at work, though not quite as busy. So happy it's Wednesday, pizza day at our place so I don't have to cook, and it will soon be the weekend again

DS passed his L knowledge test today and I took him out for his drive afterwards. I’ve never taught anyone on their first drive before (DH took our eldest and I didn’t participate until her sixth or seventh drive), so I’m really happy it went well (I was a lot more nervous than I betrayed). I truly earned my afternoon cup of tea.

Our deck backs on to a lane which runs behind a school and creche, so there are often kids walking up and down it.

Anyway, I'm sitting here and I can hear two little voices parading up the lane singing 12 Days of Christmas at the top of their lungs and it's adoooorable.

Adam Liaw's Road Trip for Good on SBS Food. He's travelling around to places particularly hurt by the fires last year. Each week I tear up a little at the losses folks suffered. the generosity shown in the crisis and the recovery that is ongoing. Tonight it was I particularly touched by a bee keeper who lost 500 of his 800 hives and how generous people were in offering help so he could rebuild

I have seen a few ep too.

My parents didn't like the Billy Kee Pork he cooked in one ep! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: (see a pattern here!)

I bought an emergency 600ml Pepsi Max from Coles at lunchtime to tide me over til tomorrow when the 24 pack is on sale and I can stock up. I will also buy a block of the new Neapolitan chocolate Cadbury have just released

One of my former managers, my work brother, popped in for a visit which was lovely

Cheese_Toastie

Today I learned that 2 February is Groundhog Day in the US. The first "official" proceedings took place in a part of Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania called Gobbler's Knob😳

My blood and ultrasound test results were much better than I was expecting. Just a little more attention to diet, some iron tablets and the occasional BP test needed.

I bought a new yoga mat (one of my bloody cats shat on my spare mat and I can’t wash that thought out) I use 2 mats because I need the extra comfort, won’t bore you with the details. It’s so pretty, dusty pink, I think my DD will use it too. So so pretty.

Upgraded DD to a reserved seat at the football yesterday, and got lucky enough that the seat next to mine was available (it wasn’t when she reached the top of the waiting list the previous year); so now when I go to Adelaide Oval, she can come with me.

Edited by Catzilla

After yet another exhausting week at work, I basically spent the day shut in my bedroom watching Netflix while DH supervised 3x 4yo and an 8yo for the day, including taking them to the park. It was bliss.

A full day of planning with my volunteer org could have been pretty boring but the energy and passion these people have is amazing.

A lovely dinner at middle boy and GF's house where I got to meet their little cat, my first grand-kitty, who is so adorable

Advertisement