IGNORED

Weight loss support thread

Knottygirl

I still haven't lost any weight. But I'm alot more active then I was 6 months ago. Im eating better and I'm loving the alone time I get in my walks with a podcast.

Kinda happy with that

Fruitmincepies

I got congratulated on number 3 being on the way yesterday. Poor person who asked, they wanted the ground to open up when I laughed and said it was just the leftovers from number 2. A week of lockdown did lead to a lot of snacking... good motivation to get stuck back into things this week!

One month post surgery. One month of not being able to exercise after doing 4-6 high intensity boxing and conditioning sessions per week plus running and bike riding- three of those weeks on bed rest. Kgs gained = 0!

Two months until my next check up and hopefully the green light to start getting back into routine.

Captain Tightpants

Weigh in day today.

For weeks I had been yo-yoing half a kilo up and down. My waist measurement has not changed in months.

Stepped on the scales this morning, I have lost 1 kg and 2 cm from my waist!! WTF!

I now have hit my ultimate weight loss goal of 10kg, plus also lost 10cm from my waist. I feel so much better in myself but I can see that I still have a few kg's to lose to get rid of the squidgy love handles :)

So, my "diet" does not stop here, I will continue on my healthy eating habits as they are obviously working for me :)

ETA - I have just hit a healthy BMI too! Scraped in by 0.1, but I am within Healthy range!!!

acidulous osprey

I'm cross, I've done 2 weeks of low carb, cut back seriously on alcohol.

Have not lost anything. My blood glucose which was creeping higher than I liked is now back down in the range I like which is a win but if I go low carb I want to lose weight as well! I think it's the endep I am on for neuropathic pain--the other drugs for that have even worse side effect profiles so it's hard.

Been a while since I check in too.

I’m now down 17kg since start of September.

Exercise has been slow and non existent last couple weeks, I need to get back to some sort of routine.

Everyone is doing well. There usually is always some stalling. Just keep working thru.

Would anyone mind sharing their daily meal plan with calories? I’ll add mine later once I do today’s. I had a mini sleep in

I’m down 5kg since beginning of Jan. my meal plan is - I’m doing fast 800 so I’m only having 2 meals a day of 400 cal each. My meals are variants on protein with salad or veg. No carbs. Lunches are salads or eggs with mushrooms and spinach or shakshuka or soup or chickpea tagine - something carb free but with protein to fill up. Also I sometimes have almonds as snacks or 9 grain crackers with cheese if I want something quick or Greek yogurt with berries.

Dinners are what the family is having but without the carbs - I will sometimes substitute carbs for mushrooms or roast veg or chickpeas of something. No calories from drinks so of course no alcohol.

Captain Tightpants

Blizzy - I used to log everything religiously, but have stopped doing that as I now know what sort of portions to eat and how much I can eat over the day and stay within my calorie limit. I aim for between 1400 - 1500 cals a day.

Wake up coffee - 175 cals

Morning tea - coffee and treat - 175 cals plus around 120 cals

Lunch - Lite n Easy - up to 400 cals

Dinner - same as family - 500 cals

After dinner snack - frozen yoghurt - 90 cals, 1x serve icecream - 125 cals, kit kat - 90 cals

I only have an after dinner snack if cals are left over :) If I get snackish between lunch and dinner, I eat fruit.

Thanks for the replies. I was all set to start my new healthy eating regime and then lockdown happened last week (Perth) and I REALLY let myself go. Have restarted yesterday - made a big vege soup and am doing really well so far. Not going to weigh myself again til next week.

Does pushing a pram with 2 kids inside and 2 kids holding on count as cardio and weights? 😄 that was 2 hours of my day yesterday, glad I only have to do it once a week this month. Dunno about losing weight, but I am definitely going to get a lot fitter this year!

PocketMacrophobia

Does pushing a pram with 2 kids inside and 2 kids holding on count as cardio and weights? 😄 that was 2 hours of my day yesterday, glad I only have to do it once a week this month. Dunno about losing weight, but I am definitely going to get a lot fitter this year!

Definitely!!

Absolutely 🤣

Spidey_Senses

Ive decided to give up cheese for a while, Im also not eating alcohol, sweets or pastry type things. But DS was up all night with an ear infection so I ate badly today. Urrgh.

That definitely counts [mention]Kallie[/mention]!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their journey, I’m really enjoying reading the thread. My weight seems to be fluctuating a lot (up to 1.5kg each day), but doesn’t seem to be increasing overall. I’d like to be doing more exercise, but am in that gross stage of pregnancy (9 weeks) where I don’t feel like doing much, and would probably throw up!

That definitely counts @Kallie!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their journey, I’m really enjoying reading the thread. My weight seems to be fluctuating a lot (up to 1.5kg each day), but doesn’t seem to be increasing overall. I’d like to be doing more exercise, but am in that gross stage of pregnancy (9 weeks) where I don’t feel like doing much, and would probably throw up!

Congratulations!

The up side of feeling queasy is less eating...at least in theory 🤣

So last year I started on lite n easy and was able to do two weeks then had to stop because of migraines (not related to dieting as the migraines have continued on a very regular basis regardless of food intake). I need to lose weight as I have put on 5.5kg since November to 87.5 and need to lose at least 20kgs to get into healthy weight range.

Main problem is inability to exercise, lying in dark room for days on end and very hard to make food due to constant pain and tiredness. I am also on medication that cause weight gain which I can’t change.

Any suggestions welcome. I am looking at combining shakes with lite n easy - I wasn’t too keen on the frozen dinners before though.

Well, I fell off the wagon a bit this week 🙈 dh has been enabling me coz he knows I'm having a tough time generally, but I did let him. Ugh, so I said yesterday it's time to stop, back on the wagon today.

I probably should check in too...last two weeks have not been good...I have so much going on and just haven't been in the headspace to focus on walking or weight loss. After next week things will start to settle down and I'll get back on track. Wishing you all well

I’m still doing okay, weight loss has plateaued a bit but not gaining at least -and I’m close to my goal now. I’m struggling with boredom with the lite n easy dinners a bit. But it has been nearly 6 weeks.

Just have to figure out a transition plan when Dh hits his goal weight because the kids are getting tired of eating separately to us. Well, the youngest doesn’t care but my daughter is a little gourmet in the making 😜

Well with lockdown looming I ate a picnic chocolate and sourdough with butter and cheese as my 9pm supper. This after a burger and a hotdog for dinner.

I didn’t drink any alcohol though so at least I didn’t go all out

Today I started with a jog walk so am feeling better. I’m going to try to not eat my way through lockdown

Advertisement