IGNORED

What’s making you happy today?

Jolly_F

Fruitmincepies

It’s windy and rainy outside, I’m inside snuggling on the couch with DS (the other two are still asleep), drinking coffee and watching the weather.

The sorry about a woman being fined $500 for yelling at teenage Macca's staff.

Apparently she showed "considerable remorse" after being fined. :lol: I'll bet!

We got the amount of DPs pension and back pay.

It way higher than what we were expecting. Like a lot higher.

I'm blubbering like a fool at work.

I am thrilled for you :)

My cousin asked me to make a blanket and bonnet for the baby she is expecting in June. I love making stuff like that for people who will really appreciate it.

Fruitmincepies

Does this mean house hunting gets easier?

[mention]Fruitmincepies[/mention] unfortunately not! Just means we have a significant deposit and a low mortgage.

We could probably get a larger mortgage etc. But we want to freedom of having a relatively small mortgage so we can have more work options and flexibility 😊😊

Fruitmincepies

As long as you don’t compromise too much - stamp duty etc makes trading up in the near future less attractive.

But it really is wonderful news for you.

As long as you don’t compromise too much - stamp duty etc makes trading up in the near future less attractive.

But it really is wonderful news for you.

Nope no compromise 😊 we have already agreed what our top weekly mortgage payment will be so if we find the house and it's just that bit more then that's fine but ideally it will be around $450k 😆

we have to pay stamp duty already because i have owned a house before and it suckssss!

It's Friday and, after a pretty brutal week, it's good to be home. I have $150 in my wallet because clever boy #2 sold something his Dud left behind, which means there's more room in the garage now too

All of us still in bed at 11:20 in lockdown 3.

I dreamed of this day when they were babies and my SIL would say you’ll be wishing they’d get up early when they’re teens. I’d reply that I love to be in bed so if they do too I’ll be happy.

After reading how much others spend at the hairdresser in another thread I am ecstatic I can get colour, cut and foils or a treatment for around $100

Got good news at work this week - a coworker has resigned. They liked to cause drama and would spread lies about other coworkers, and I was their victim last year. They wouldn't follow simple instructions, so I am currently cleaning up some of the mess they made, which has been pretty stressful.

My friend has bought a house. She’s had a shit year as her partner left her and told lies to all and sundry about why - including their adult kids so their kids blame her. He left her a mess financially too so to dig out and buy a lovely house is fantastic and I’m so happy for her.

All of us still in bed at 11:20 in lockdown 3.

I dreamed of this day when they were babies and my SIL would say you’ll be wishing they’d get up early when they’re teens. I’d reply that I love to be in bed so if they do too I’ll be happy.

Turns out one is quite sick so hasn’t got out of bed at all except for a quick soft lunch - he sounds like an old man who has smoked all his life when he tries to talk.

The other has taken advantage of her brother being sick in bed and stayed in her own! I’m the only one who got up and showered and dressed! Lucky since XH dropped in to see how he was feeling.

We had a couple of visitors at work today, the manager's partner and their little boy. He is adorable, reminds me so much of my boys when they were babies. 10 months is such a sweet age

DP is away for the weekend. It's just me and kiddos until Sunday.

Tomorrow I'm kid free until 3pm. I'm going to the gym and cleaning the house and maybe a nap.

I'm so fricken excited!

I scored the whole series of books I had bookmarked to buy at some point on the “2nd hand books for $1” shelf at the library. And a graphic novel that the kids love. All for $6.

Advertisement