IGNORED

Weight loss support thread

Knottygirl

So I fell off the wagon last week - tough time at work plus period, so plenty of comfort eating. I always get really hungry at that time of the month! However, this week is a new week and it's been pretty good so far!

Trying to get back into things after a couple of injuries which meant I count exercise which was frustrating. Concentrating on strengthening exercises.

Captain Tightpants

No loss this past week, maybe even a small gain but meh.

On Sunday I had one of those fuckit days - out for breakfast date with husband (Eggs Benedict with bacon on white bread), coffee with the girls (iced Cherry Ripe Espresski from a cafe) and a massive steak burger and chips for dinner!

I have been for a ride Monday and will go again tomorrow.

Feb has not been a great month for me. Struggling to get back on the wagon, if worst comes to worst I'll restart for March I guess. On the plus side dh has booked in for the snip so count down is on till I can get this implanon out which I think will help a lot with the weight

I've finally managed to move from the plateau holding me at a certain weight since mid-Dec, and I'm down 9.5kg (since Nov). I haven't done much exercise though so it's been a very slow slog.

I have lost 2kg since January 1 which is shit when i have 8kg to go and i have been doing 1 hour of rather intense cardio a day. So my thoughts on this are

a) still eating too much food

b) my age (41) as i used to be able to control my weight through exercise

Today i read this article which sort of supports the theory that exercise doesn't do much

https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/what-children-of-the-amazon-can-teach-us-about-weight-gain-20210226-p57620.html

and i do wonder if i have to radically adjust my food intake. I don't drink alcohol anymore, limit myself to one coffee and have reduced meat intake but i am guessing that i am still eating too much cheese and eggs, as well as after-dinner snacks. i love food and really dont enjoy the low carb lifestyle everyone seems to swear by

That's interesting re: exercise, I find exercise makes a decent difference for me, but I think it's to do with the interplay of exercise and pcos rather than exercise on its own. Low gi could be an option to look at instead of cutting carbs?

I'm back on the wagon as of yesterday, day 2 is going ok. Yesterday was hell since I was so tired as well. I definitely crave the caffeine more when I'm tired. 2 hours walking yesterday, slowly getting better with it, still sore after. 1 hour to do today

Captain Tightpants

I am hovering around the 62kg mark.

Looking at my stat chart, for the last couple of kilos, it has taken me a month to lose 1 kg. Slow and steady I guess!

As long as I don't gain too much, I am happy :)

• 1 month later...

Hello, can I revive this thread and join in?

I’ve lost 10kg with another 20 odd to go, I assume it will become more difficult as I get closer to goal. School holidays I’m just treading water but hoping to get back to it in a week and looking for inspiration. So far it’s mostly been WW tracking and daily walks.

I started a couch to 5k run app last week. It’s a zombie one, it keeps me motivated :lol:

My weight loss had started to slow down but I am approaching 50kgs gone.

I bought jeans the other day and I said the size and the lady looked at me and said I don’t think so, you need smaller than that, she handed me a pair in the size she thought and they fit. I was shocked but excited.

PocketMacrophobia

I'm reading along but personally still flailing 😂

Well done everyone!

I'm back to regular Yoga at least, now I need to get on top of my eating. And by that I mean actually eat as I've been getting to dinner time and realising I've not eaten then eating all evening.

IamtheMumma

I started a couch to 5k run app last week. It’s a zombie one, it keeps me motivated :lol:

My weight loss had started to slow down but I am approaching 50kgs gone.

I bought jeans the other day and I said the size and the lady looked at me and said I don’t think so, you need smaller than that, she handed me a pair in the size she thought and they fit. I was shocked but excited.

You Rockstar!!! That is such a nice feeling hey?

I can buy size 16 clothes off the rack. It has been over a decade (probably more) since I was able to do that.

Hi everyone. Been MIA for a while, and need to get back on the wagon. I have 6kg to lose starting again today! Hoping posting here will keep me accountable and honest 😀

• 4 weeks later...
ImperatorFuriosa

The last time I posted in this thread was on eb. Well, I lost 22kg last year and since moving states and indulging in a unhealthy lifestyle I've gained 12kg. I'm back on the weight kick now. I've joined a gym and I'll be getting appraised etc Monday and I'll get a workout program and finally for once and all get this weight off me! I'm currently 129kg. First port of call is 125kg. Then work down in small goals.

I’ve put on a few kgs since my miscarriage and was already a bit overweight from covid kilos. Thing is that I’ve got back to the gym and eating healthy but the weight is just increasing... think it might be hormonal. It’s really tough mentally to do the right things and continue to see and feel your body get larger and I just need to stop and thank my body for doing whatever it needs to do given the trauma it’s been through. But some days it is just so hard.

ImperatorFuriosa

I’ve put on a few kgs since my miscarriage and was already a bit overweight from covid kilos. Thing is that I’ve got back to the gym and eating healthy but the weight is just increasing... think it might be hormonal. It’s really tough mentally to do the right things and continue to see and feel your body get larger and I just need to stop and thank my body for doing whatever it needs to do given the trauma it’s been through. But some days it is just so hard.

I get how you feel. I keep thinking how the fuck am I going to lose weight? Mentally I'm not ready. Tomorrow is my appraisal and get a workout program etc. I keep groaning internally and rolling my eyes. I wish I could just be fat and comfy. I know I need to lose weight, but it's so bloody hard to get any motivation. I'm constantly running around doing stuff for my ASD kids and I can't think of a day when I'm actually still. I'm over it. I have illness as well against me. All I can do is try I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Determined to lose 5-8kgs by August. I will actually be shocked if I achieve this but I will do my best... Want to shed the weight before ttc again in earnest.

Thinking of trying optifast and reading the fast 800 now! I already naturally do 16:8 and have done this all my life but I need to do something a bit more drastic to kick myself into gear :)

Determined to lose 5-8kgs by August. I will actually be shocked if I achieve this but I will do my best... Want to shed the weight before ttc again in earnest.

Thinking of trying optifast and reading the fast 800 now! I already naturally do 16:8 and have done this all my life but I need to do something a bit more drastic to kick myself into gear :)

I am doing the fast 800. I have a lot more to lose than you but I needed something drastic to help my body move the fat. I lost 5 kilos late last year but it took forever and then had an operation and put it back on. I am nearly 12 weeks in 0n fast 800 and have lost a good amount of weight but will admit it wasn't easy at first and have not been following it as closely the last few weeks. It does work though!

[mention]DogsLife[/mention] ideally I would need to lose 12kgs but trying to be realistic, my body just clings to any weight I put on and I find it really hard to shift it.... definitely expecting a slow start but hoping the fasting gets me going. I am 20 hours in and have just had water and x1 optifast and now starting to get hungry and headachey 😭 how long did you initially fast for (if you did that stage)?

Definitely hear you on the impact of setbacks - it’s so hard when you are managing your health (physical and mental) and other life commitments.

Advertisement