IGNORED

The worst thing I've ever done

la di dah

Something had a bite of the food I left on the veranda but there are other cats around.

No sign of Nimbus. Grue is confused.

It has been pouring rain continually since yesterday so I'm hoping he's not in a storm drain (I did check all the ones on the block before the rain) and just sheltering somewhere but I had really hoped he'd be by the back door.

My partner is really trying not to be mad at me but loves this cat and can't believe this has happened at all or right now with everything we have going on. And it's not really like he even really ran away. I literally shut him outside for the night.

We were talking the other day about how sweet he was and how he just bumbles around loving everybody.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• la di dah

• Ker

• BKK

• CrankyM

Top Posters In This Topic

He's incredibly friendly to women especially indoors, like won't stop headbutting visiting nurses etc.

But I don't know what he'd do outside.

It rained and rained today.

I've talked to more neighbours.

Postering tomorrow. No point postering in pouring rain.

The local pound is taking no cat surrenders but I'm going to call all the local vets tomorrow.

La di dah when I had a cat and it was pouring with rain he would usually not come inside until it stopped. And he would arrive perfectly dry and almost toasty, as if he'd been sitting in front of a fireplace warming his paws. If it's wet, he's probably found a nice warm hidey-hole until it's safe to come back home.

Cats are clever, even indoor ones. Let's hope.he wanders home soon so you can. Put your mind at ease

We've had 2 cats go missing. One for a week and one for 4 days. Both returned , scratching at the door , very unperturbed, just skinny. The rain is gone tomorrow, so that's good. In you local facebook /pets group definitely ask people to check their garages. Both of ours came home soon after posting that. Particularly as it has been raining, he may have snuck in and then the garage door is closed. Good luck. Fingers crossed.

Yes, he's microchipped and listed as missing with council. The local pound isn't taking any cat surrenders at this time but I'm ringing vets about if any big floppy soft white cats are brought in.

I don't know how many people would immediately bring him to a vet or pound unless visibly injured though.

My daughters cat opened our laundry window and got out one night. It was all *my* fault, of course. We looked everywhere, she interrupted her social life and came home to look for him, then decided the social life was more important and went back to where she came from.

The cat wandered home after 4 days of freedom, looking a bit thinner but none the worse for wear.

I hope your boy arrives home soon.

Could you go outside and sit on a blanket and read a book or something? The cat may sense that you are there and come out from hiding. Talk on the phone or something but don’t call the cat. It can be a hide and seek game if you are actually looking

Definitely get onto your local facebook group if you haven't already. They are awesome with missing pets. People were msging me all the time telling they might have seen my missing cat with details of where they were etc.

He's home, he's alive, he's a bit skinnier.

Grue ate for the first time in three days upon seeing him eating.

We heard a noise on the deck and the neighbour's cat's bell and a crash. I think they both wanted the food I'd set out but in the scuffle Nimbus promptly dropped through a hole in the veranda to hide.

Spouse went out and called despite the bell and Nimbus cried. He's inside and safe now.

Advertisement