IGNORED

Is “modesty” problematic?

LunaFreya

There was a comment on the Twitter thread I saw that effectively said if the male teachers are thinking about a 14yo that way then they should be out.

I could say about the school near me 'if the teachers think getting personal with a student is ok they should not be in teaching' but that does not mean the teachers actually think this same as a 'a person who works for the local ANZ bank should not rob it' does not mean they were actually planning on robbing it

Seayork - this makes no sense and is irrelevant. WTH?

did the principal decide for the teachers themselves or did the teachers themselves make a point of it to the principal then the principal made her comments from that

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LunaFreya

• Jane Jetson

• Lucrezia Borgia

• marple

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Sybil Vimes

I could say about the school near me 'if the teachers think getting personal with a student is ok they should not be in teaching' but that does not mean the teachers actually think this same as a 'a person who works for the local ANZ bank should not rob it' does not mean they were actually planning on robbing it

Seayork - this makes no sense and is irrelevant. WTH?

did the principal decide for the teachers themselves or did the teachers themselves make a point of it to the principal then the principal made her comments from that

Do you mean: did the teachers go to the principal and say they didn’t like the girls clothing or did the principal just assume?

If that’s the question then I don’t think anyone has said either way.

Lady Sybil Vimes

On reflection though, I’d consider it unlikely that the teachers went to the principal and were like, “Please! The teenage girls! My penis cannot cope with the constant arousal! Help me!”

If its anything like it was when I was there, then yes there were a lot of lovely male teachers, but quite a few that accidentally drop things very regularly

Student or teacher?

It’s a girls school.

If its anything like it was when I was there, then yes there were a lot of lovely male teachers, but quite a few that accidentally drop things very regularly

Student or teacher?

The post you quoted says the teachers?

Are you the school principal blaming the students?

I must say I immediately jumped to that they must have at least one teacher there who the principal has her doubts about. Can't believe she said that with her out loud voice.

When I went to school, many years ago the police came to an assembly which included such gems as. Keep your legs together sitting in the train and don’t wear black bras under your school shirt.

Our school was apparently a huge target for weirdos, many incidents of flashing ect in the parks

I really don’t think we have changed as much as we think we have in relation to views like this

When I went to school, many years ago the police came to an assembly which included such gems as. Keep your legs together sitting in the train and don’t wear black bras under your school shirt.

Our school was apparently a huge target for weirdos, many incidents of flashing ect in the parks

I really don’t think we have changed as much as we think we have in relation to views like this

In the mid 70s when I was in senior high school a new science building was being built. Our female principal called all the seniors into an assembly and told us we had to wear white bras under our white blouses as the builders would think we weren't wearing bras at all if we continued to wear the (back then) newly available flesh/beige coloured bras.

That principal at the school, apparently one of my friends said her daughter was put down by this woman because she didn’t get high marks in maths

So maybe there are a few issues about her

Advertisement