As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to ALL of our forums. ×
IGNORED

We love Nagi and cooking from Recipetineats

TheGreenSheep

I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-coconut-curry/comment-page-2/#comments

I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

I love that curry - send it my way! DH isn't a fan of chunks of pumpkin, but I think the whole thing is delicious!

I wonder if your Garam masala was fresher than hers. It does seem a lot, especially considering she has the curry powder as well and some individual spices as well.

It sort of sounds like a real mish mash of curries to me.

TheGreenSheep

I love that curry - send it my way! DH isn't a fan of chunks of pumpkin, but I think the whole thing is delicious!

This one wasn’t a hit here either. I liked it, but the other three didn’t. Cant win em all!

TheGreenSheep

Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.

My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

https://www.recipetineats.com/bun-cha-vietnamese-meatballs/

Glad you liked it! It’s a pretty regular staple here :)

Ooooh that is exactly what DS has been bothering me for, Vietnamese meatballs. Yum!

• 1 month later...

My husband made her hot cross buns for the first time this year on Thursday. So good! We were in lockdown for three months starting before Easter last year and he made them for most of that time as we were always home.

GrannySmith

I made chilli prawns last week and they were amazing. So much is that I splurged on a kg of beautiful prawns I saw at the fish shop yesterday so I can keep eating them.

TheGreenSheep

Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.

My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

https://www.recipetineats.com/bun-cha-vietnamese-meatballs/

Glad you liked it! It’s a pretty regular staple here :)

Ooooh that is exactly what DS has been bothering me for, Vietnamese meatballs. Yum!

These meatballs were ridiculously good!!!!!!

Twice now I've tried to make Nagi's paneer cheese, and both times it's ended up a crumbly mess. I've followed her recipe to the letter so don't know where I'm going wrong.

I also found that my few good pieces stuck to the pan when I was trying to fry them, so disappointing after such a drawn out process.

• 2 months later...
TheGreenSheep
2 minutes ago, caitiri said:

My coles doesn’t have the chipolte things that u need to make it,  but it looks yummy

I found the sauce and jarred adobo stuff at Woolies, I do think you could make it without them. I know the chipotle powder can be substituted with smoky paprika, so maybe a teaspoon of that could be added to the sauce instead?

Hills Mum Bec
4 hours ago, TheGreenSheep said:

These Mexican Meatballs were a real surprise hit! I weirdly had all the ingredients except the mince, I bought bolognese mince to make it quick. Cold wintery night really satisfying eating.

Yes, they look good, they're on my list.  Also want to make Malfatti: https://www.recipetineats.com/malfatti-italian-spinach-ricotta-dumplings/

• Like 2

My kids love the oven baked pumpkin risotto. I have to add chickpeas or ds6 won't touch it🤣 so I also add mushrooms and tell them they are also chickpeas. Otherwise they won't eat them.

Going to try the meat balls next.

Edited by jesse_083
Ballsed up forgetting the balls.

LemonMyrtle

Do you guys have Facebook? Poor Nagi posted how to dismantle a crab, and that got a lot of ridiculous comments, but then she posted a delicious kangaroo pie and the comments have gone off. Sooo many people are all “oh no, don’t eat a kangaroo” 😂 

check it out. So funny. I hope nagi doesn’t take it personally.

the pie looks good and has inspired me to buy more kangaroo meat. 

I saw Americans getting shitty she posted pumpkin soup. And she was like, well it’s winter here! 

made her char siu pork tonight. Very nice. I always omit the brown sugar and the extra honey. It’s plenty sweet as it is! But very good. 

Edited by riotproof

We had nagi twice today! LOL I didnt even realise. 

My parnets have fallen in love with vietnamese Banh Mi. 

We made some for lunch today with leftover pork belly. 

Then I made her red wine beef ribs, but with a piece of bolar blade. 

• Like 1

Advertisement