We love Nagi and cooking from Recipetineats

User avatar
TheGreenSheep
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Awards

#126

JustMyGirl wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:01 pm We had this tonight https://www.recipetineats.com/honey-cin ... til-salad/ and it was delicious. Served it with some grilled halloumi on the side. Will be making again and again.
Thanks I’ve added that to the long list of ‘next Nagi recipes to make’ list
User avatar
riotproof
Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Awards

#127

Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.
My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

https://www.recipetineats.com/bun-cha-v ... meatballs/
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
User avatar
Biscuits
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Awards

#128

I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-coco ... /#comments
User avatar
MagdaRegis
Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:57 pm

Awards

#129

Biscuits wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-coco ... /#comments
I love that curry - send it my way! DH isn't a fan of chunks of pumpkin, but I think the whole thing is delicious!
User avatar
rewritethestars
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:47 am

Awards

#130

We had her gereral sao chicken and it was amazing! Not an every day food due to the amount of sugar but so, so delicious.
User avatar
riotproof
Member
Posts: 2368
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Awards

#131

Biscuits wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-coco ... /#comments
I wonder if your Garam masala was fresher than hers. It does seem a lot, especially considering she has the curry powder as well and some individual spices as well.

It sort of sounds like a real mish mash of curries to me.
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
User avatar
Anonymouse
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:46 pm

Awards

#132

riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.
My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

https://www.recipetineats.com/bun-cha-v ... meatballs/
Glad you liked it! It’s a pretty regular staple here :)
User avatar
TheGreenSheep
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Awards

#133

MagdaRegis wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 pm
Biscuits wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:53 pm I made the Easy Coconut Curry yesterday but can't say I loved it. I found the amount of spices to be huge (1tbsp garam masala and 2tbsp curry powder as well as the other spices). I think I would have liked it a lot more if I scaled it way back. It had quite an earthy taste, so I had to tamper with it a bit to make it more palatable. Unfortunately I made it for 3 days worth of work lunches and I don't really want it :( The kids liked it though so maybe it's just me (but in reality they only eat a couple of teaspoons so doesn't solve my problem of mass leftovers).

https://www.recipetineats.com/easy-coco ... /#comments
I love that curry - send it my way! DH isn't a fan of chunks of pumpkin, but I think the whole thing is delicious!
This one wasn’t a hit here either. I liked it, but the other three didn’t. Cant win em all!
User avatar
TheGreenSheep
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Awards

#134

Anonymouse wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 am
riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.
My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

https://www.recipetineats.com/bun-cha-v ... meatballs/
Glad you liked it! It’s a pretty regular staple here :)
Ooooh that is exactly what DS has been bothering me for, Vietnamese meatballs. Yum!
User avatar
Nickersnewt
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:29 pm

Awards

#135

I gave Navi’s Easter Cake a go. Not perfect but I’m pretty happy with the outcome.
Image
User avatar
banyan
Member
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:54 pm

Awards

#136

My husband made her hot cross buns for the first time this year on Thursday. So good! We were in lockdown for three months starting before Easter last year and he made them for most of that time as we were always home.
User avatar
GrannySmith
Member
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:55 am

Awards

#137

I made chilli prawns last week and they were amazing. So much is that I splurged on a kg of beautiful prawns I saw at the fish shop yesterday so I can keep eating them.
User avatar
TheGreenSheep
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Awards

#138

TheGreenSheep wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 pm
Anonymouse wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:24 am
riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:27 pm Thanks to @Anonymouse for telling me about this one. Delicious.
My kids didn’t like the dressing but they loved the meatballs and salad, plus noodles.

https://www.recipetineats.com/bun-cha-v ... meatballs/
Glad you liked it! It’s a pretty regular staple here :)
Ooooh that is exactly what DS has been bothering me for, Vietnamese meatballs. Yum!
These meatballs were ridiculously good!!!!!!
User avatar
Beanette
Member
Posts: 112
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:02 pm

Awards

#139

Twice now I've tried to make Nagi's paneer cheese, and both times it's ended up a crumbly mess. I've followed her recipe to the letter so don't know where I'm going wrong.
I also found that my few good pieces stuck to the pan when I was trying to fry them, so disappointing after such a drawn out process.
Post Reply