IGNORED

Lake swimming

Ozquoll

I was thinking how nice it would be to live near a still body of water in which swimming would be possible, in the warmer months at least.

Can you suggest some good locations, in temperate Australia only?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozquoll

• Ozgirl

• LemonMyrtle

• Turbulent

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, okay wont suggest my location. Really bad problem with affordability! Severe housing shortage with huge govt projects barely ramped up.

Jindabyne! I remember going there as a kid. I love the high country....more in summer than in winter though 🥶. I suppose global warming will fix that problem in a few decades 🤔

LemonMyrtle

Ther are a few towns around Lake Eildon in Victoria that are pretty cheap. The lake level can vary a lot, that’s all I know, we don’t go there. If you’re not familiar, think of The Castle “we’re going to bonnie doon.... we’re going to bonnie doon...”

Gippsland lakes of course is lovely, lots of different towns, beautiful water, can be expensive though, depending on where you want to live. But there are cheap pockets too.

IamtheMumma

Check how often the councils tend to the lake. Ours is currently being overgrown with native weeds and the council isn't doing anything about it. This is our water source as well so they'd want to step up. Activities on the lake has stopped because people can't swim in weeds, it gets caught in props or engines and fishing lines get snagged.

Fruitmincepies

People swim in the Swan River in Perth (shhh we don’t talk about the recent shark attack). Where it goes through suburban perth it is an estuary, so it’s wide and saline. Plenty of fish and dolphins, people boating and kite surfing and fishing. I take the kids to swim in it frequently.

Lake Jindabyne is great for swimming during spring and summer but house prices are increasing fast.

So fast!

It is where I am now.

Even a big increase since the end of winter to now. Its nuts.

They dont have any housing for Snowy 2.0 workers. Let alone winter staff.

Advertisement