IGNORED

Australian Politics

Bethlehem

Guest Chic n Stu

Frydenberg thinks he's a future prime minister?

Well perhaps he needs training too as he has declared Lamming to be a fit and proper person for the LNP.

How do they expect anyone to vote for them with those morals.

Sadly they probably will...

Seriously? What's the go there? All he has to do is lay on some theory about supporting women, make vague noises about due process and do a frowny face, the bar for LNP men is subterranean at this point so it's not like expectations are high here. Don't you dare fuck it up and inflict PM Dutton upon us, just don't.

This media coverage of Laming shits me to tears, it's all headlines of "Laming's forced exit" and "Laming quits" but.. like.. he didn't? at all? He's very specifically doing the opposite of quitting! I know the people who write the headlines are often taken to task for drastically twisting the actual content of the story below, but this is just ridiculous. Low information voters will start and finish with those headlines, so it's a very telling insight into the editorial bias of a publication.

Let's just go back to the bad old days with Peter Slipper and Craig Thomson's exploits hitting the fan for a minute. The then-opposition were quoted as being concerned about Thomson's mental health and potential for self harm under such immense pressure, but rolled on with their attacks regardless. Meanwhile Tony Burke is tweeting that the ALP will consider all their options and in the background are granting pairs left, right and centre to cope with the fallout of all this. No doubt you've got your skeletons, as my middle aged male colleagues hasten to remind me, but maybe instead of granting a pair you should grow one. We have enough history to know that the favour is absolutely not returned so why are you insulating these lovely gentlemen and their handmaidens from the consequences of their own actions?

Melissa Price and Amanda Stoker to cabinet and Michaelia Cash to AG - this means there will be no progress on social issues because just because they are women, doesn’t mean they have a soul 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Why wasn’t she front and centre on this? I didn’t even know she existed

Because Liberal women who speak out on women's issues are considered toxic to the brand. Look at Julie Bishop famously claiming that she didn't find the label of 'feminist' useful.

So the invisible women's minister will not be replaced cause she's doing such a great job.

[mention]egg[/mention] she will become the ‘Prime Minister of Women’ - this way Scotty won’t have to bovva with all the complaining wimmen I guess?

🤬🤬🤬🤬

"He also announced a new cabinet taskforce on women’s equality, safety, economic security, health and wellbeing. The taskforce will be co-chaired by Mr Morrison and the Minister for Women, Marise Payne, and will include all women from the ministry as well as Treasurer Josh Frydenberg and Finance Minister Simon Birmingham."

Oooh a task force. Bet they do something really useful like produce a report that will be released just before a public holiday weekend and out of a list of 100 odd recommendations 2 may actually be enacted.

I heard a quick sound bite of SM on the radio earlier. I think he needs a better writer as I’m sure I heard him say something about learning to live with women, my first thought WTF are we covid?

LemonMyrtle

Oh for gods sake. Can’t these guys keep their private lives separate to their work lives?? I know question time is boring, but take up knitting or something. Play Tetris.

Oh, and don’t assault women. Simples. Although that’s going to be a hard one to prove due to the woman’s occupation. Poor thing, it would be a hard job to do and also protect yourself.

rewritethestars

So pleased to have someone who called a rape victim ‘lying cow’ in charge of a program for some of the county’s most vulnerable.

The whole thing is a mess.

Each day the bar sinks lower.

That sounds like a challenge. One that I can accept .......

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/i-would-kill-to-be-sexually-harassed-at-the-moment-liberal-teena-mcqueen-stuns-colleagues-in-closed-door-meeting-20210329-p57evv.html

Oh yes, we can go so much lower.

What I'd like to know is why a woman making a bad joke is front page news, but men behaving like depraved predators was covered up for years...and is STILL attempting to be covered up. This is another example of double standards. Why is something that was said in a closed door meeting *instantly* leaked?

Guest Chic n Stu

This perfectly distills my absolute fury at the LNP and Murdoch press, and utter bewilderment at my fellow voters making noises about politics not mattering or like whatever. Fuck yourself, everything could be so much better for everyone if you only pulled your head out of your arse.

Advertisement