• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bornagirl

• s_mdn v2.0

• amdirel

• Kiwi Bicycle

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when people make comments like that. They might mean well or be sympathetic but it comes out wrong IMO. There might be people who go for every little minor thing BUT if I go it's because I am at my worst

Silverstreak

Every week if you count allied health appointments. It's probably an average of every two months for the GP. Both DS and I need scripts, thankfully they've started electronically sending scripts to my phone.

HuggleMonster

In my twenties (pre children), I think I went once in 7 years.

Now, probably once a year for me and twice a year for each of the kids.

DD over that last 5 years.... very very often.

Me not so much, I put off a visit to get a referral for my haematologist appointment. I actually don't like going, I have so much I should talk about but I don't... then walk out kicking myself that I should have mentioned it. Then I try to forget that I did it.... I tell myself I should write a list and hand it to the GP so I don't have to verbalise it lol . it's complex lol

StillFreddiesMum

All. The. Time. Not just the GP but lots of different medical professionals.

When the girls were baby / toddler / preschooler they caught every single bug doing the rounds so I was at the GP every second week. They also shared their bugs with DH and I and we got sick too.

As they got older - into primary school - they were still festering lumps of infectiousness - so back to the GP. Still shared the bugs with DH and I. Then DD#2 developed her eating disorder and I felt like I practically lived in the rooms of the various experts we had to take her to. Amongst all of that - from pre-primary to end of primary - DD#1 had to attend various medical professionals for other stuff that was happening including her anxiety.

So - all in all - we have spent a huge amount of time and money at various experts / medical professionals. Again, this is not a go at DH but I have done the lions share of the work in taking them to various appts. DH has done it when he coud get away from work (pre Covid) but the majority of doctor's appts / dentist / psychologist / experts - has fallen on my shoulders.

Advertisement