IGNORED

Australian Politics

Bethlehem

Laming. So now we're up to 3 different types of criminal activity. We have the stalking, then we have the upskirting and now we have blatant breaches of AEC rules for political advertising.

There will of course be no consequence because as we've seen, the law does not apply to white men with money and power. Who would have ever thought it was those in wealthy suburbs who have to live in virtual police "no go" zones where the rule of law doesn't apply? But here we are.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/06/liberal-mp-andrew-laming-used-dozens-of-facebook-pages-to-promote-lnp-and-attack-opponents

Laming. So now we're up to 3 different types of criminal activity. We have the stalking, then we have the upskirting and now we have blatant breaches of AEC rules for political advertising.

There will of course be no consequence because as we've seen, the law does not apply to white men with money and power. Who would have ever thought it was those in wealthy suburbs who have to live in virtual police "no go" zones where the rule of law doesn't apply? But here we are.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/06/liberal-mp-andrew-laming-used-dozens-of-facebook-pages-to-promote-lnp-and-attack-opponents

It's so depressing, how did we go from the politicians couldn't say the wrong thing without change (well maybe not that much) to know nothing seems to hurt them.

I am hoping the 90 % anger I see how there is enough to get rid of them at election!

LemonMyrtle

Argh, vaccines. Anyone under 50, it’s now recommended they don’t get the AZ vaccine.

This is going to really really lengthen the vaccination process since we cant make the other ones here.

Annoying.

I am all kinds of pissed off about Christine Holgate. Loving this Betoota Advocate article:

"In what appears to be another case of the Morrison government throwing a high-functioning female over the coals in order to distract from the incompetence of his own office, Christine Holgate resigned as Australia Post chief executive following a revelation that no one really appeared that outraged about except the embattled PM"

“It’s got nothing to do with Morrison trying to use a bunch of fairly acceptable corporate gifts as an excuse for how much money he has spent bribing voters in marginal seats’

https://www.betootaadvocate.com/headlines/christine-holgate-sacked-from-auspost-for-proposing-post-offices-stay-open-later-than-459pm/

Watching insiders today.

The idea that our pm has no idea of the gender pay gap. This man has no curiosity about others and their lives. How the hell can someone so insular and so ignorant become pm?

The NDIS stuff makes me want to cry. It's already a bureaucratic nightmare for families and people who already have a lot of their plate...

Another scandal that will go largely un-noticed by the Australian public and no-one (other than the woman) will suffer any consequences.

(I am so jaded right now)

So hold on, now Bob Katter is making sense?

Bob Katter's stayed the same, It's that weird marriage between far left and far right opinions that happen in FNQ., He's an absolute wingnut on social issues but he's always been pro keeping public services in public hands.. He fought the Telstra selloff for example. He also had candidates run a state campaign a couple of years back based on promising to buy back the electricity grid to be publically owned.

So it's pretty consistent that he would prefer someone like Christine Holgate in because we still had a functioning postal service. That simple. Scomo has now stacked the joint with his buddies who precded to slash services and burn the furniture. The regions are harder hit by stuff like slashing services and Katter knows where his bread is buttered. He may not have been hit very hard with the education bat but he's no fool either.

I want to know why Jodi Mackay still thinks mining resources is great for the Hunter New England region?

The health outcomes alone are terrible for that area of the state. It would be so much better for the planet to invest in a plan to retrain workers and start on renewables.

The Christine holgate thing is looking pretty damning for Morrison. He really misjudged taking her on. I hope some of this filters through to people! But it seems like the Murdoch papers are all keen on taking down magda subanski now. Divide and distract. I wish people could see through the spin and vile politics.

PocketMacrophobia

Scott Morrison is in WA. Apparently. It seems to have all been kept very quiet.

I only know because there's tweets fluttering round letting people know where they may wish to gather so they they can tell scumo in person that he's trash.

The Christine holgate thing is looking pretty damning for Morrison. He really misjudged taking her on. I hope some of this filters through to people! But it seems like the Murdoch papers are all keen on taking down magda subanski now. Divide and distract. I wish people could see through the spin and vile politics.

It’s ok. He didn’t mean to bully her. So no apology for his behaviour. Just what he was attempting to by going after her in parliament is still unclear.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2021/apr/14/australia-news-live-christine-holgate-vaccine-blood-clots-australia-post-scott-morrison-johnson-?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Guest Megsmith

I love watching those who think they’re untouchable getting called out. We’re witnessing a real shift in power.

You think it will make any difference come election time? I suspect not.

Still need to get Murdoch to roll. They will switch if the momentum and will of the people is there. They have before.

But magda is a protected species here and has great good will so should

Be interesting

This just makes me want to cry. Leaked documents about the formation of a task force to cut NDIS spending and participant rate. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/13/ndis-cost-cutting-taskforce-told-to-reduce-growth-in-participants-and-spending

But do we hear anything about it, or any uproar? Only people I see who care about this crap is those that will be effected by it.

The NDIS had been coming for a while, it’s been obvious with the moves to how you will be assessed by random people that they want to cut the crap out of it....

They will do it by making it stupidly hard to get and underfunding then they can say we told you all along we would fund to a level that is needed and look at all the surplus here, everyone must have what they need, so we can take all that money back!!

I hold no hope for this government being voted out next election, too many people vote based on stupid stuff like I have always voted liberal or I don’t like Albos personality (this one blows me away, seriously Scotty is better?!) - instead of voting for the future of the country!!!

Advertisement