IGNORED

Article about Essential Baby forums

Trillian42

Hi all,

Some of you might remember that I posted on here and old EB to get perspectives for an article I was writing on EB.

It’s now been published online in Overland Journal and can be found here:

https://overland.org.au/2021/04/watching-our-words-and-spaces-disappear-the-death-of-the-essential-baby-forum/

I’m pretty excited, and would love to hear anyone’s feedback, as it will hopefully be most relevant to EB members. Thanks especially to the member who agreed to be quoted. If anyone is in contact with a Richard Parker I’d like to pass my thanks on to her too - her responses to the thread I posted were very insightful.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hmmmmm

• Silverstreak

• Lucy

• YTT1

Top Posters In This Topic

Trillian42; That was a beautiful piece of writing. Now I miss old EB even more. I've let Richard Parker know about your article and post.

Really lovely article, great job! I now feel sad all over again!

Yes totally agree! There have been a couple of times over the last couple of months that I wish I could check something I had posted, or remember a thread or check a pm that was sent.

Great article!

What a fantastic article...you did an incredible job putting into words what so many of us felt. Thank you so much and I may or may not be teary after reading it

Jane Jetson

That's a lovely piece of writing, OP. Clear admonishment of Nine, expressed so perfectly, but with such a beautiful explanation of why it mattered.

I'm off duty on EB, and so my grammar is all over the place because I'm a lazy sod, but as a journo who has to sub-edit a lot of opinion pieces, I have to say that you are *good* at this.

Thanks for sharing your beautifully written article which so perfectly put into words all that was EB.

I joined EB back in 2003. Like PP's reading the article made me feel a little teary and nostalgic. But what a joy to have been part of something so special.

Great writing,

I can't believe it wasn't archived, not for me I really don't give a shit about what I have ever said but in 50, 80 years time they could learn so much from what is was like to live in the family since EB started

Advertisement