IGNORED

Old People’s Home for 4 Year Olds

Catzilla

Is anyone going to be watching this when it returns on April 6th. Just saw the notification on the ABC Facebook page that it was coming back.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LunaFreya

• riotproof

• Ballogo

• Chocolate Addict

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Who watched?

I like that they are taking old people still living at home. It’s hard to remember all their names at the start, but I love the man with his puzzles. So difficult for him not to be able to write effectively. And the lady who sang the song with Arthur. Really they are all wonderful, I hope they all improve like they did in season 1.

StillFreddiesMum

We did and I loved it. The kids are just gorgeous and the older people are from all walks of life. The one lady (whose name I can't remember) was saying that she lives alone in a 4 bedroom home and "hates it". The older people seemed so lonely.

I cried... a lot... These people have lived amazing lives and I felt like they are just treading water until they reach an end. But like others I really felt for some of them struggling to make a connection - Blossom! I hope she sticks it out.

VeritasVinumArte

Visiting my folks (who live multigenerational with my sister and her family..... including 4yo) started to watch it, but Mr 4 asked if we could turn it off as it was too sad when the lady said she had lost her daughter at 19 over arguments about continuing education.

Will watch when I get home tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
riotproof

It’s beautiful. I do hope someone keys in touch with Blossom. But I also think she’d do it again with a chance.

LunaFreya

What’s good is that the trend for intergenerational care is growing, benefiting both the young and the old.

I also loved how the old people became friends with each other and were visiting.

Chocolate Addict

We only started after seeing it on Gogglebox. My 16yo loves it.

It is family viewing.

Sad that Blossom gave up so quickly, whenever she comes back she feels she is left out, but she is there so sporadically that the kids don't connect to her.

There should be a lot more 'adopt a grandparent' type programs. I think it would give the oldies more quality of life and enjoyment.

I cried like a baby. Those children were so wonderful and their acceptance of the oldies 'warts and all' was heartwarming.

This is the most awesome social experiment ever and the series should be a must watch for those who do not quite compute as to how it feels to feel old and useless.

I want to watch it with my grandchildren so I have recorded it and plan to binge the series with them as they come to stay here.

We only started after seeing it on Gogglebox. My 16yo loves it.

It is family viewing.

Sad that Blossom gave up so quickly, whenever she comes back she feels she is left out, but she is there so sporadically that the kids don't connect to her.

There should be a lot more 'adopt a grandparent' type programs. I think it would give the oldies more quality of life and enjoyment.

I'd love to also hear how Blossom is now.

She was so damaged psychologically that her MO seemed to be self preservation so she shunned people. I gather she was a bit of a strict parent which was rather typical for her time but it was the downfall of her relationship with her daughter. I was hoping there could be a reconciliation but that is just me living in fantasy land.

riotproof

I cried like a baby. Those children were so wonderful and their acceptance of the oldies 'warts and all' was heartwarming.

This is the most awesome social experiment ever and the series should be a must watch for those who do not quite compute as to how it feels to feel old and useless.

I want to watch it with my grandchildren so I have recorded it and plan to binge the series with them as they come to stay here.

It is a really good show to watch with kids.

I’m not sure if Ds watched season 1 with me, but I’ve suggested we do watch that.

No, it’s all happy

Just finished the last episode - cried buckets!! Just loved them all, the kids, the "older adults" and the entire concept. I'm so glad that for many the relationships went beyond the experiment.

Chocolate Addict

We watched the last episode yesterday, So happy to see such big improvements in the older people's quality of life. :)

Also glad that not only are the adults still catching up but they are catching up with the kids too.

Such a great program , I hope other places take on ideas like that.

I just finished the first season.. so heartwarming.

It did however bring up a lot of feelings of guilt as my dad was in a home with Alzheimer’s until he passed two years ago so it was hard to watch and hear all the statistics on depression.

My child’s kinder had a program for awhile where a couple of older people came in and spent time with the 4yo kinder kids. Such a great idea.

Advertisement