IGNORED

Period Undies ...

Julie3Girls

Kiwi Bicycle

For heavy days, I don't like them, they smell towards the end of the day. No amount of absorbency and anti bac fabric can deal with blood thats been sitting at body temp for hours.

For overnight or lighter days where there isn't much quantity, they are great.

Also good if your period is irregular, I like wearing them the days leading up to my period. As a teen every class I'd get up and check my chair and try and check the back of my skirt. And now, heading into peri menopause, I'm back to the same thing except now I can feel it starting and when it does its immediately heavy - terrifying feeling when you're stuck in a meeting!

Thank you for this info, I've been wearing pads every day as I don't know when the red demon is going to turn up anymore. And I was wondering over night it might help but I have had always had trouble with leakage at night. I usually wear a tampon at night and I've had to change it during the night sometimes.

Tmi... Last night I thought I was right to just wear a pad (thinking I was at the end of the heavy stretch but the blood just by passes the pad altogether and runs through the ummm...back way and I'm wearing good night's but it passes it and I suddenly feel it leak out the top of my er.. Derreire crack... So the tampon is the only thing to stop leaks and won't last.

Toms and Modi Bodi heavy all have the absorbant pad going up to the top of the waistband.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julie3Girls

• VeritasVinumArte

• Greenbean

• IamtheMumma

Top Posters In This Topic

IamtheMumma

For heavy days, I don't like them, they smell towards the end of the day. No amount of absorbency and anti bac fabric can deal with blood thats been sitting at body temp for hours.

Also good if your period is irregular, I like wearing them the days leading up to my period. As a teen every class I'd get up and check my chair and try and check the back of my skirt. And now, heading into peri menopause, I'm back to the same thing except now I can feel it starting and when it does its immediately heavy - terrifying feeling when you're stuck in a meeting!

Thank you for this info, I've been wearing pads every day as I don't know when the red demon is going to turn up anymore. And I was wondering over night it might help but I have had always had trouble with leakage at night. I usually wear a tampon at night and I've had to change it during the night sometimes.

Tmi... Last night I thought I was right to just wear a pad (thinking I was at the end of the heavy stretch but the blood just by passes the pad altogether and runs through the ummm...back way and I'm wearing good night's but it passes it and I suddenly feel it leak out the top of my er.. Derreire crack... So the tampon is the only thing to stop leaks and won't last.

That's why I went for the terry towelling nappies folded into quarters. It isn't all that comfy but its better than leaking like a stuck pig. I could get to sleep at night. For months, I was waking every 2hrs to change undies and pad. Sleeping on a towel isn't comfortable. The nappies are more comfortable than that.

Yeah its funny when I was younger I barely had a period at night time, it was like it went to sleep just like me. Not so much anymore and yes pads aren't so great. Period undies are better but overall I prefer a menstrual cup. I typically only have one or two nights that are really heavy, the other nights are a more 'normal' flow and I can use either period undies or cup on those days, depends what I feel like.

lazycritter

Thank you, ladies... I'll have to try the boy shorts and the ones with the padding to the waist.

[mention]IamtheMumma[/mention] do you use the terry as well as a pad?

I've thought of cups but just don't know that I could trust them. I'd be expecting it to break and then everything goes Carrie.

[mention]lazycritter[/mention] I used Modibodi exclusively for about 2 years before trying a cup. I was hesitant and the first one I bought wasn't a good fit at all, so that was annoying (50 bucks wasted), but the second one has been excellent and I'm so glad to have it. It is definitely worth a try if you can afford to possibly try a few.

The Modibodi heavy/overnight have worked really well for me, but they do definitely develop a smell (a soak in vinegar water helps). 1000 x better than pads or tampons though. If you try them, get a decent stock (I think I have 10 pairs) as they do take a while to dry and it's good to know you always have them on hand/a spare pair to freshen up.

Julie3Girls

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone.

Think I will grab a couple of different ones and let her try them. Like the idea of using them with a pad, and then getting rid of it half way through the day for school.

That ship has sailed for me but my 17 year old uses them. She uses Bonds and swears by them. Much better than pads which she used (although she does use pads if going away as easier to get rid of - period pants need to be washed and dried). They come in different stages i.e. heavy and light.

IamtheMumma

Thank you, ladies... I'll have to try the boy shorts and the ones with the padding to the waist.

@IamtheMumma do you use the terry as well as a pad?

I've thought of cups but just don't know that I could trust them. I'd be expecting it to break and then everything goes Carrie.

No just the terry.

[mention]lazycritter[/mention] I find sleeping on my side helps with that problem. Km a back sleeper normally but that results in what you mentioned too

I've bought my DD several pairs of period undies, as she was having problems with leaking while at school. She started with Modi Bodi red, then I bought her Love Luna, tom's and Bonds. She hated the Bonds and said they felt like nappies. She likes Love Luna but they're not absorbent enough for heavy days - she uses them and Tom's for lighter days towards the end. She wears Modi Bodi the rest of the time. She has both the bikini and the boy shorts and likes both and they've stopped the leaking issues.

lazycritter

@lazycritter I find sleeping on my side helps with that problem. Km a back sleeper normally but that results in what you mentioned too

It happened while on my side. I've learnt from early days not to sleep on my back with my period.

I think my body is deliberately messing with me or its crooked.

@lazycritter I find sleeping on my side helps with that problem. Km a back sleeper normally but that results in what you mentioned too

It happened while on my side. I've learnt from early days not to sleep on my back with my period.

I think my body is deliberately messing with me or its crooked.

I mean the way pads are designed for night is fundamentally broken as many women have this problem

Advertisement