IGNORED

What are you streaming? The Netflix and more thread.

Lady Sybil Vimes

Hills Mum Bec

I finished A Teacher on Foxtel and really enjoyed that. I have watched the first episode of New Amsterdam, it was good. Medical dramas aren't usually my thing but I will stick with it for a bit.

Right now I'm watching The Hot Zone. I've read the book several times so I know the story but thought I'd watch it now.

I’ve been binging Wakefield on iview and enjoying it.

I’ve finished Wakefield and thought it was outstanding. A very insightful and honest portrayal of mental illness in many forms.

Having finished Wakefield on iview, I’m watching Shtisel on Netflix and really liking that too (albeit completely different!)

Having finished Wakefield on iview, I’m watching Shtisel on Netflix and really liking that too (albeit completely different!)

I love Shtisel! I watched the first two seasons late last year so was thrilled when they released season 3 and so far I'm enjoying it even more than the previous seasons.

Thank you also to everyone who's recommended Beforeigner. I saw a preview for it and had it on favourites so am really looking forward to watching it soon.

Silverstreak

I finally finished OITNB, all seven seasons! This is a big thing for me, it's one of the longest shows I've watched and one of only a handful I've watched from beginning to end, I am terrible at giving up halfway or towards the end of a show.

So I definitely recommend this one, it's a great balance of comedy and drama, lots of one liners and pop culture commentary and the cast are just amazing, I am going to miss them all!

Chillipeppers

I just watched a movie called Brooklyn. I really enjoyed it. It’s about an Irish girl that moves to Brooklyn for work as there’s none in Ireland. Set in the olden days. Absolutely loved it.

Oh my goodness Michael Aloni's eyes!

Fisk is wonderful, this show is my new Rosehaven!

Omg lust over Kitty’s suit and I adore Julia Zemiro’s character Roz

Fisk(Kitty Flanagan) show on abc is very funny.

Cheat on Stan is a four part drama/thriller worth watching.

The Serpent on Netflix (true story based on backpackers' murders in Asia during the 70s) is really well filmed(worth watching just for the brilliance of recreating Bangkok and other Asian cities in the 70s)but still not sure the charm Charles(the serial killer) had to have had to make so many people fall.for him was really conveyed.

Watching the Serpent now, I am surprised but I am hooked.

Watching Wakefield. Having spent many times in the mental health ward I'm finding it quite unrealistic but that might have to do with me having been in a public mental health unit and this one I'm assuming is private. Also none of the patients seem to be medicated which is unusual cause usually the first thing they do is get you medicated and stabilised. Unlike Wakefield, no mobile phones or computers are allowed but you can make phone calls using the phone that has been installed. And there is absolutely no way in the world that a baby would be allowed to stay on the unit especially if there are unmedicated people wandering around.

Also enjoying Fisk - huge fan of Kitty Flanagan, loving shtisel and my guilty pleasure Back roads on ABC.

Seayork2002

Is anyone watching The One?

What do you think?

No but I think I will add this to my list now, I have been watching Harrow, Vera, Lynley Murders/Mysteries and I am in the rabbit hole of Line of Duty again oh and Superstore

DH and I tried Lupin, we did the English dubbing and that was actually fine to listen to I did not find it distracting like I thought i would but we did not want to stick with it as it seem to annoy us although can't put our finger on why, so may see if I can get The Bridge, The Tunnel and The Killing and watch those if there is no English version

On Apple - Ted Lasso , this show is delightful

Started watching The Nevers on Foxtel/Binge too, the first ep had a nice introduction to characters

Is there season 4 of Mrs Maisel yet?

prime has seasons 1-3

December 2021 I think they're saying? I can't wait... I think.... DH & I loved the show, I don't know if I'll have the heart to watch it without him now. Same for Good Girls, Afterlife & Dead to Me.

Oh and ‘The Green Book’’. DH loved it and kept begging me to watch it so we could talk about it. But stupid pig headed me wanted to finish watching Superstore and only finished it 1 week before he died so never got around to Green Book. Now I’ll never be able to watch it. I really hate my pig headed self.

What do you think?

Is that the one on Netflix? I had a look at about the first 10 mins, is it worth going back?

There was another very similar show on ?? Stan where they took a test to find their perfect match too

Seayork2002

Does Schitts Creek get better? I'm onto Season 1, Episode 3, and it's just not doing anything for me?

It hasn't for me we have stopped a bit into series 2 we may go back one day

What do you think?

Is that the one on Netflix? I had a look at about the first 10 mins, is it worth going back?

There was another very similar show on ?? Stan where they took a test to find their perfect match too

I’m really not sure. I watched a few episodes but I don’t know if I care what happens.

But everyone keeps recommending it and it has won so many awards.. I feel like I should persevere.

I bought the dvds. That’s how much I loved it. But I think if you aren’t enjoying it, you should stop.

I was just so annoyed with everyone using the gifs that I had to know what the fuss was about. They are very flawed characters, which some people find problematic.

Advertisement