• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bethlehem

• Mose

• Kiwi Bicycle

• ContentedFleur

Top Posters In This Topic

ContentedFleur

Ooh, and I just looked up the teams. One of them is a very popular teacher at DS's primary school, so I know who we'll be supporting. He runs the Lego Club there!

LemonMyrtle

I love Lego masters but tonight I’m too tired and I’m going to bed.

But, it’s ok, cause my son will watch every episode about 10 times before the next episode, so I’m sure I will catch up.

I think I like all the contestants so far. They seem nice.

ContentedFleur

My unpopular opinion is that this season is not as good as previous ones.

give it time, they're one episode into it!

I was barracking for Ryan and Gabby, due to the local connection (he's a teacher at DS's school, where he runs the Lego club. Unsurprisingly) and I really liked the Yeti build they did. I agree with the winner; the giant geisha head was stunning and I loved the little details, like the cherry blossom petals being swept up and the fish pools!

Other thoughts:

-The amusement park was too busy for me; I felt sick looking at the Ferris Wheel going roundandroundandround.

-The Cheese God was hilarious! Also led to a quick discussion as to why "baby Cheeses" was okay but "Cheesus Christ" was not (I'm Christian, for context).

-The volcano could have been better, it was a shame. Though I am not sure that Brickman's advice to not build a mountain because there were mountains already there was helpful in that regard; they couldn't exactly put the volcano on the existing mountain!

Looking forward to the next one!

One of my professional colleagues was on the show. Oh how I laughed when he displayed one of the characteristics he is well known for in the office. DH and DS just looked puzzled.

Jersey Caramel

We all love this show but whhyyyyyy must there be so many ads?! It is one hour of content but takes 2 hours and on a school night. We will have to go to watching on catch up (still an annoying amount of ads and often glitchy but at least we can start and finish earlier in the evening). Just need to convince the kids to skip a night.

Kiwi Bicycle

Is it me or is there more "met for the first time" match ups this year?

DS hated Hamish going on with the brick of doom plus the music/ laugh track. He was yelling at the tv to stop going on about it.

One of my professional colleagues was on the show. Oh how I laughed when he displayed one of the characteristics he is well known for in the office. DH and DS just looked puzzled.

I dont know names yet... Was it the male team mate that got the Brick of Doom and keeps running ff to do one more thing???

ContentedFleur

I'm watching with the kids on catchup now, because there is no way in heck that we're going to 1. stay up till 9.30 on a school night three nights a week or 2. suffer through all those ads again. No no no.

So, my thoughts on the bowling ball build:

- could not agree more with the winner. Not only was there a really good story, not only did it actually involve the impending bowling ball, but the cleverness of building the ramp to direct the bowling ball to where they wanted it to go! That sold me. Plus all the little heads going everywhere looked magnificent, and if that were sold as a kit I'd be first in line with my money out.

- How stressful was the samurai tower when they were fixing it with 7 minutes to go? Sheesh. It looked amazing, and I loved the slow-mo fall.

-I also loved the bell-tower viking build; it was hilarious that the bell-tower was still standing! We were imagining the bell ringer's face when she eventually woke up and looked down.

-if "leaving everything to the absolute last minute and then getting it done in double time" is how Lamborghini man works in real life, I don't know how he hasn't died of stress related illness or been attacked by infuriated colleagues. Gah!

- Oh Gabby and Ryan! You built it too well! It flexed with the impact!

looking forward to tomorrow night's build (well, tonight's, technically, but hey.)

Advertisement