As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

What's your unpopular opinion?

Darryl

Jane Jetson

Cinnamon is gross.

Also doughnuts smell great but they are awful to eat.

Bananas are disgusting and why anyone would ever eat them I don't know.

I want a thin crisp base and I can very rarely find one.

You. I like you.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad Cat

• Seayork2002

• Lurker

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Sancti-claws

Cinnamon is gross.

Also doughnuts smell great but they are awful to eat.

Bananas are disgusting and why anyone would ever eat them I don't know.

I want a thin crisp base and I can very rarely find one.

You. I like you.

Liking [mention]CrankyM[/mention] is not an unpopular opinion - and I agree with 50% of those examples of why cited.

[mention]Sancti-claws[/mention] 😂 did she mean it that way? 🤣

I’ll admit I’ve always wondered why on earth Princess Di was so popular. I never got it. I always found the coverage obnoxious and annoying. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Rich white person showering attention on us common people as if that was wonderful and not just reinforce the fact she was seen as “better” even though she had all the advantages given to her because of luck of birth. Yes she had issues and I understand that, but I really don’t understand the almost cult following she has. And no I didn’t particularly like her.

It’s not just her rich birth but she was pretty. That’s enough really. I don’t understand the hype around her.

Tea is better than coffee. Chai latte powder is an abomination. Real chai in a saucepan is the bomb.

I don't get the Lady Di worship either. She was okay. She didn't do as much as Prince Phillip did for people, but it's like everything she did was blessed from on high or something. She seemed nice but dull. She was absolutely stupid to date Dodi. Everyone was turning against her at that point. Then she died and somehow reverted to holy virgin status.

Wood heaters are OK, but they aren't amazing.

Yes they are very good at pumping out heat,

But....

- the wood makes a mess.

- you need to have a big pile of wood which hides mice and snakes.

- you have to chop the wood or pay someone to do it for you.

- it creates smoke and they neighbours with asthma can't breathe.

- it makes your clothes smell if they are on the clothes rack in the same room.

- If you come home to a very cold house it takes a while to warm up when you could be busy doing the other jobs that need doing when you first walk in the door.

StillFreddiesMum

I loved Princess Diana. She had an absolutely rotten childhood and she was a very genuine, warm person - early on as Princess of Wales her and Charles toured Wales and people had been waiting out for hours to see them - Diana spoke to a woman in the crowd and said something like "poor you, waiting this long". It was a complete change from the cold, German Windsors - Princess Anne called 2 elderly women who did the same thing (waiting for the royal family as they left Church) "stupid" and that made headlines and was then forgotten.

Diana was incredibly young and naive and her and Charles were a mismatch from the get go but I don't blame the young 18 / 19 year old for what happened. Even though Charles was 12 years her senior in many ways he was quite naive too. She married her first boyfriend and he was just as damaged a soul as she was.

StillFreddiesMum

And since I am here - I am not a fan of Duchess Catherine. The photos of her at the funeral for Prince Philip - yes she looked regal and elegant and appropriate for the occasion - does anyone else see that this ever-shrinking woman may just have issues like Diana? Duchess Catherine is SO skinny and tiny I worry if she eats anything at all.

I’m uncomfortable with picking apart people after they’ve died. Exceptions being Hilter, Mao Zhedong, Henry VIII, Pol Pot, Emperor Hirohito, and the rest of their ilk.

I’m uncomfortable with picking apart people after they’ve died. Exceptions being Hilter, Mao Zhedong, Henry VIII, Pol Pot, Emperor Hirohito, and the rest of their ilk.

Yeah same, especially harmless people. If you're not a fan of Diana can't you just be neutral? I don't think most people on this thread realise how jealous they sound. Like: yes, I would also like to be richer and prettier than I am, but I'm not mad at random famous people.

Whether people liked Princess Di, found her annoying etc., I still think we have to admit that she did a lot of good for the disadvantaged and general community. Maybe not as much as some and maybe her true motives were are arguable, but I still think she did a lot of good.

Seayork2002

Yeah same, especially harmless people. If you're not a fan of Diana can't you just be neutral? I don't think most people on this thread realise how jealous they sound. Like: yes, I would also like to be richer and prettier than I am, but I'm not mad at random famous people.

I can only speak for myself but when I make comments about people it is not personal with DIana as a person I have no idea of as I have never met her but I do not get the 'peoples princess' elevation of her saintleness, the most perfect person in the world media thing, same as when I say 'X is a terrible actor' I am not commenting on them as a person

I am not jealous of Diana or any rich celebrities I genuinely don't want their life and I would not want to be a Kardashian for any money in the world.

I also don't the obsessions about beauty me looking different than I do, I could be the most beautiful model in the world or an ugly troll but being jealous of not being beautiful seems odd to me - and yes I am sure there are studies around around that say beauty gives people more brains or whatever

But I can say things about people without being jealous

If some one says 'I just saw x on television they are so beautiful' I can say 'no I don't think they are' does not mean I am jealous of them or I think they are ugly, it is a reaction to what was said

same with Diana and her being rich did not seem to but her happiness

Whether people liked Princess Di, found her annoying etc., I still think we have to admit that she did a lot of good for the disadvantaged and general community. Maybe not as much as some and maybe her true motives were are arguable, but I still think she did a lot of good.

Oh i agree, but all the royals do. It's kind of their job.

I don't hate Di. My reaction is not to her but the weird adulation of her, while laying the boot into everyone else involved. I feel the same way about Trump. What's so good about him that some people can't see him do any wrong? To me he is a very unpleasant man who has made a fortune from stiffing people - to others he is a canny businessman who is strong and a great leader. Some people even fancy him. I don't understand it, and I'm not jealous of either Trump or those who adore him. I just don't get it. I do understand that people believe what they want to believe, but sometimes I think its very unbalanced.

(Of course, for those who need this disclaimer, I am not comparing Trump to Lady Di. She is, obviously, a much nicer person. I am comparing the way people just believe something about someone with no real scrutiny.)

I’m not jealous of her. I just don’t understand the cult like following she had. And when I say I found her annoying that’s coming from when she was alive. I was 14 I think when she died and found it irritating before she died having all the coverage on a rich white person who didn’t seem to do much. Yes it was great she did charity work but it didn’t seem to me at that point to be much different then what many royals had been doing. I do remember when she died because I was involved in a car accident the same day and my best friends mum never drove again and ended up in a wheelchair not long afterwards due to MS. But anytime you mention her it like this rabid she the best or people hate her. Honestly I rarely think or even give a toss about the royal family. But year I didn’t really care for her. But I was young.

I also find the “can’t say anything mean about them because they’ve died” think strange. Why do we have to ignore things because someone died? They don’t miraculously become wonderful nice people just because they die.

I’m not jealous of her. I just don’t understand the cult like following she had. And when I say I found her annoying that’s coming from when she was alive. I was 14 I think when she died and found it irritating before she died having all the coverage on a rich white person who didn’t seem to do much. Yes it was great she did charity work but it didn’t seem to me at that point to be much different then what many royals had been doing. I do remember when she died because I was involved in a car accident the same day and my best friends mum never drove again and ended up in a wheelchair not long afterwards due to MS. But anytime you mention her it like this rabid she the best or people hate her. Honestly I rarely think or even give a toss about the royal family. But year I didn’t really care for her. But I was young.

I also find the “can’t say anything mean about them because they’ve died” think strange. Why do we have to ignore things because someone died? They don’t miraculously become wonderful nice people just because they die.

I think it's more that they can't defend or redeem themselves. If she'd lived she'd be late middle aged and probably not on the pedestal she is now, and people wouldn't creepily worship her, which wouldn't make other people hate her.

And I guess because it's sad to think about how you might be talked about when you die.

Me too... Most people aren’t either good and bad, they are a mix of both and every person you have some form of contact with will have an opinion of you... you don’t get some feee pass from the bad stuff just because you died.

I don’t care if people want to say bad things about me when I am dead, I’m dead, it hardly matters. The people who mean the most to me know who I am and love me for who I am good and bad, that’s all that matters in the end really.

I think it's more that they can't defend or redeem themselves. If she'd lived she'd be late middle aged and probably not on the pedestal she is now, and people wouldn't creepily worship her, which wouldn't make other people hate her.

And I guess because it's sad to think about how you might be talked about when you die.

This. And because they still have family alive. Someone who is long gone, yeah, knock yourself out, but I just can't do it. Or it may be because I'm hyper sensitive at the moment.

On the Di thing it's possibly more about disliking the creepy royal worship in general. Being the People's Princess means there's going to be a fair few who are like - and why do the people need a princess? The royals have always used charity work in a bit of a display of the true origins of trickle down economics and that makes me queasy.. What have princesses ever done for us apart from giving legitimacy to awkward constraining fashions and implying to girls that a gilded cage is a desirable thing.?

I have read the threads on here about them trying to understand the level of passion they evoke but geez, I just cannot bring myself to care about these folk whose lives do not resemble anything I recognise or relate to.

Tea is better than coffee. Chai latte powder is an abomination. Real chai in a saucepan is the bomb.

You are right about all of these things.

This. And because they still have family alive. Someone who is long gone, yeah, knock yourself out, but I just can't do it. Or it may be because I'm hyper sensitive at the moment.

Understandable considering what you have been through recently.

I guess everyone handles death differently and has different tolerances for what they are ok with.

Seayork2002

I can ramble on about any subject but no I will never get the adulation of any one I don't know personally, people get offended if anyone says anything against their 'idol' and sure being deliberately mean of anyone is not good but it can be obsessive the other way too

I think Steve Irwin wasn't all that either. I don't understand how he achieved god like status almost, by annoying animals in their natural habitat and then dying, by being rather stupid with one.

And the croc shows etc? Why??

I also get really irritated by the whole family, Bindi is too pure and good and insipid, though Bob is much better now he's lost that hideous bowl cut and his photography is excellent! But he can also afford really good cameras and equipment and go to these places which I'm sure helps.

Advertisement