IGNORED

What's for dinner (menu plans welcome)

Silverstreak

Sancti-claws

Woke up with a throat on fire so today's plans have changed into stay at home all day and make chicken soup.

riotproof

I took out chicken drumsticks. There are Brussels sprouts. That’s as far as I’ve thought. Might do that herby chicken dish from nagi. I like that gravy. Either with roasted potatoes or mash. Will ask Ds as I make him peel for mash now.

I do have teriyaki salmon/avocado/edamame rice bowls in mind for maybe Monday?

I bought Dd some scallop and prawn bisques in pots from aldi to try instead of her prawnies. Because even though I said it wouldn’t be every time, it really really has been most.

riotproof

They are a terracotta pot with the prawns and scallop ect and obviously lots of dairy that you bake. I’m unsure if it ends up like a gratin more than a soup and I haven’t made them before. 2 in a pack, presumably 2 serves. Will let you know.

No idea tonight. I don't get home from work until 6, and I have DD's first Under 7s AFL game this morning, and church straight after that, before heading to work, so I don't have much of any time to prepare anything.

leftover thai!

Tomorrow it's spaghetti. Tuesday I'm hoping to make a Korean hot pot(if I can find a hot pot to make it in lol).

I may have to make it in a fondue pot.

Silverstreak

DH's steak last night was spectacular, haven't had steak in ages.

My risotto was good! Nice and creamy without having to add cream. Might have it again tomorrow, then freeze the rest.

riotproof

Bacon pasta. Decided to skip the gnocchi. Just cause I couldn’t be arsed with another pot.

Maybe I’ll make it for lunch for her one day? That way if they don’t like it there are other options around.

nom_de_plume

Tonight - salad rolls. We did a day trip today and ate lunch at the pub so just need something light.

Mon - bacon and corn fritters with salad.

Tues - shepherd's pie and broccoli.

Wed - rice paper rolls.

Thurs - chicken and noodle stir-fry.

Fri - homemade burgers and chips.

blackcat20

Chicken Kiev and veg tonight.

My Dinner Ladies order arrives tomorrow, mostly pasta based meals as I’m hoping my toddler will eat them.

Sancti-claws

Had beef chipolatas; veg sausages; a red beans, onion, tomato and cumin dish; rice and steamed veg tonight.

Tomorrow will roast a chook with potatoes, sweet potatoes and frozies - and gravy!!

Taco Tuesday with the usual suspects.

Wednesday - wing it.

The extra lasagne I made and froze last time is on tonight, love an easy Monday meal. Garlic bread and a bit of salad.

Tomorrow I’m planning French onion chicken with mash and veg.

Wednesday will be experimental, I saw a recipe online for chicken tostadadillas that I’m going to try, it’s basically a cross between a tostada and and quesadilla and looks a bit fiddly but not too difficult.

riotproof

Dammit silverstreak made me think of steak. So, I’ve got some cooked potatoes that I’ll smash into smashed potatoes. Leftover Brussels from the other day.

Think I might bash out the steak since it’s rump. I’ll have to decide what seasoning later. Also salad.

Tomorrow, chicken tikka masala.

Wednesday might be the teriyaki salmon bowl.

I'm thinking of trying Nigella's 40 cloves of garlic chicken this week, but can I be bothered buying 5 heads of garlic? lol.

riotproof

I think that depends on the price of garlic. I think it was still $17ish a kilo at last look at mine.

Sancti-claws

I think that depends on the price of garlic. I think it was still $17ish a kilo at last look at mine.

Go for those garlic going around now with the smaller cloves - the Russian Giants would RUIN you if you were looking for 40 cloves!!!!

Our dinner has morphed into leftover chook from yesterday's lunch, gravy, rice, frozies and leftover beans - the chook that I WAS going to roast tonight is now going into the slowcooker tomorrow with corn, beans and herbs to become shredded for Mexican.

LemonMyrtle

Tonight was a freezer dive.

I need inspiration for tomorrow. I’m working all day and I have a cold and no appetite. Makes it hard to cook when you lose your sense of smell and taste.

Mushroom soup. I thought it was delicious but the kids hated it :(

Last night I made a tenderloin chicken tray bake with kale, red onion, carrot and lentil and it was delicious. The kids ate that (served with yoghurt(

blackcat20

Miss 2 declared the lasagne 'eww' without tasting it. Would love to get my hands on whoever taught her that.

Advertisement