IGNORED

What's your unpopular opinion?

Darryl

Back to the Irwins if I may.

Steve was well loved and respected by the rest of the world with Aussies being less keen which is so very typical.

Bindi has probably achieved more in her short life and seen more of the world than most of us. I don't think her getting married and having a child at a young age has set her back at all.

I have never understood why anyone would be bothered by her, really she is not an in your face celebrity and she is working. There are a lot of people who who annoy me far more than she does.

Robert is just a more refined and better educated Steve, also a very pleasant kid IMO.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bad Cat

• Seayork2002

• Lurker

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesley225

THe place i see the most huge 4WDs in Newcastle is in the inner city and beachside suburbs. Like the Junction and Merewether.

VictorineTheCatLover

Stop trying to make "meat" out of vegetables and other food stuffs.

It's not bacon..It's grated carrot ribbons that you fried. It's not tuna...it's watermelon you brined in soy sauce and rice vinegar. It's not fried chicken...it's deep fried mushrooms in a KFC style coating. It's not meat...it's seitan which is gluten free fried dough.

If you choose to be vegan or strict vegetarian then stop making meat like alternatives to fit in. You don't want to eat meat then be bloody proud of it!

Bethlehem

I don’t understand the attraction of the big refined Jeep’s.

I drive a duel cab ute. We do a lot of highway driving and live rurally. We need clearance for the dead Roos unfortunately. And the ute but cause we do a lot of Reno’s in our old house and dh is a tradie.

I don’t get the big fancy 4wd. Like the Porsche and Jaguar ones. Even the fancy land cruiser evoque.

One friend has 4 teen boys and tows go-karts and race cars regularly, so she drives a prado.

I don’t understand the attraction of the big refined Jeep’s.

I drive a duel cab ute. We do a lot of highway driving and live rurally. We need clearance for the dead Roos unfortunately. And the ute but cause we do a lot of Reno’s in our old house and dh is a tradie.

I don’t get the big fancy 4wd. Like the Porsche and Jaguar ones. Even the fancy land cruiser evoque.

One friend has 4 teen boys and tows go-karts and race cars regularly, so she drives a prado.

Range Rover evoque made by Land Rover!

Please down insult Toyota like that ;)

It's not bacon..It's grated carrot ribbons that you fried. It's not tuna...it's watermelon you brined in soy sauce and rice vinegar. It's not fried chicken...it's deep fried mushrooms in a KFC style coating. It's not meat...it's seitan which is gluten free fried dough.

If you choose to be vegan or strict vegetarian then stop making meat like alternatives to fit in. You don't want to eat meat then be bloody proud of it!

No! I miss meat. I really do. I can’t wait for lab grown meat. I don’t eat meat because I don’t want to kill something for my benefit not because I don’t like it. I miss it A LOT!

MaryanneK

I hate wearing socks full stop.

I rarely wear them even in Canberra's winters.

Day time is completely different!

LemonMyrtle

I hate wearing socks in bed regardless of how cold it is

I didn’t think bed time sock wearing was that common anyway? I’ve never worn socks to bed. I prefer an extra blanket on my feet.

This makes about as much sense as "stop eating salad and bread and fruit if you eat meat. Just eat meat and be proud of it!"

I live in a town full of 4WD. Every other car is a prado or landcruiser of some sort. In saying that ours has all terrain tires on it. They cost a bloody fortune. Or a hilux 4wd.

Kinda changing the subject but my cranky opinion today is that you can like Classical music and not like the tradition classical composers like Bach, Mozart, Beethoven. Apparently I am a philistine because I don't particularly like these composers and wish more contemporary composers were more well known. Also just because it's classed as "classical" music doesn't mean it has to be composed by someone dead for over 100 years. It just means it's a classical instrument, usually meaning instrumental and involving piano, strings, orchestras or similar. Contemporary Classical is not a thing. It's contradictory in the two words basically mean the opposite of each other. Also would it kill the people who sort music to use some sort of consistent labeling of "Contemporary Classical" (or modern classical, or classical crossover which is often just randomly assigned as far as I can see). it would make it much easier for me to find new albums/artists that I like.

[mention]CrankyM[/mention] do you like Ludovico Einaudi?

I love him but everyone always looks at me blankly when I say his name.

My unpopular opinion is that too many housing designs are created with an expectation that smaller families or couples are unsociable. All the 4 bedroom places seem to have 2 living rooms and a media room plus a giant kitchen and sometimes a rumpus.

2 bedroom and 3 bedroom places all seem to have one small to medium lounge-dining combined and a kitchen half the size.

I just want the good old mid century modern layout of 3 beds and bath at one end. Kitchen, living, dining and media/study at the other.

I think it's great if homes are built in a more flexible way! Better for multi generational living or for share houses that aren't just young singles.

[mention]Mooguru[/mention] I looooooove his stuff. It’s so beautiful. I even found a book of simpler graded sheet music and my kid that does piano is learning songs from it (he’s learning Nouvele Bianche at the moment). I have not heard a piece of his I didn’t like. I also picked by an album recently from Eydis Evensen called Bylur that I rather like.

MaryanneK

This makes about as much sense as "stop eating salad and bread and fruit if you eat meat. Just eat meat and be proud of it!"

No the OP makes perfect sense. It's not like saying stop eating salad and bread, it's like saying if you don't want to eat salad or bread then great, don't try and eat a bizarre foodstuff made of meat that is minced and died and squeezed into a bread shape with painted on fake crumbs!

The " vegetarian meat" at Chinese restaurants is so foul. If you don't eat meat and want tofu and veg, then eat tofu and veg - don't bother eating fake "duck" made of tofu and doused in artificial duck flavouring and colouring

I looove Beyond Meat burgers. DH did too and he was a die hard meat eater.

Fake meat from Chinese restaurants, tofu duck, prawns, abalone - I have packets of them in the freezer. DD loves them and they add flavour to stir fries. Not to mention vegetarian calamari, with a bit of tartare sauce, you can’t tell the difference plus that’s a couple of extra squid still happily swimming around.

I don’t get the outrage, no one is making meat eaters consume fake meat. It’s not even like the 4WD vent - eating fake meat doesn’t impact anyone except the person consuming it, so I’m genuinely confused. :thinking:

Back in my meat eating days I never understood the need to mash and dice perfectly good expensive ingredients for it become fine dining. Lobster ravioli for 3 times the price and 1/10 the amount of lobster. Give me a lobster tail and a bib any day.

Seayork2002

Back in my meat eating days I never understood the need to mash and dice perfectly good expensive ingredients for it become fine dining. Lobster ravioli for 3 times the price and 1/10 the amount of lobster. Give me a lobster tail and a bib any day.

I would agree normally but I dont get lobster, I have tried it and thought it tasted of nothingness but I hate seafood pasta more

Sancti-claws

The " vegetarian meat" at Chinese restaurants is so foul. If you don't eat meat and want tofu and veg, then eat tofu and veg - don't bother eating fake "duck" made of tofu and doused in artificial duck flavouring and colouring

It may be foul for you, but it's not foul for everyone.

Ah, but isn't the point that its not fowl but it may be foul?

I would agree normally but I dont get lobster, I have tried it and thought it tasted of nothingness but I hate seafood pasta more

Oh yes, seafood and pasta don't belong together. For me, it ruins two good things.

Oh yes, seafood and pasta don't belong together. For me, it ruins two good things.

+1

Also, seafood on pizza is just wrong.

(I make an exception for anchovies, however).

Advertisement