IGNORED

General discussion #2

Darryl

40 minutes ago, LemonMyrtle said:

So they didn’t refresh their PPE then? 

You have to wonder! I did say that to my mum just before. 

LemonMyrtle

Argh! My friend just got one of these lie filled fliers from Clive Palmer. How is this allowed?? Why aren’t they throwing him in jail for risking the national vaccine rollout and destroying confidence??

what is wrong with this country??

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/politics/federal/ludicrous-clive-palmer-slammed-for-letters-spreading-covid-19-misinformation-20210620-p582ju.html

• Like 1
  • Angry 6

What’s wrong with the country is people like Clive Palmer,  we need to corral them somewhere  maybe NSW and then build a wall  (disclaimer joking,  NSW is way too close)

Dadwasathome
2 minutes ago, caitiri said:

What’s wrong with the country is people like Clive Palmer,  we need to corral them somewhere  maybe NSW and then build a wall  (disclaimer joking,  NSW is way too close)

Send him back to Victoria - NSW can’t be blamed 

• Like 2

Yesterday at my workplace (school) we found two A4 signs up stuck to exterior walls of buildings.  Total conspiracy nut job stuff.  Unfortunately whoever did them doctored a proper Qld Govt Covid sign to create them, so they appeared to be, at first glance, Government Covid warnings, but the signs said:

"Important Information. IN light of the public health emergency - covid 19 direction nearing to an end at 11.59pm on Tuesday 29 June 2021, a COVID outbreak is due to be scheduled just prior to justify the extension of the direction. This means that draconian measures will continue to expand and be employed on all subjects. We are in this together. Silent obedience is to be maintained, and any sighting of dissenters is to be reported so that the usurpation of your rights may continue. "   (All on recognisable Qld govt logo covid paper).

(NOTE THAT I DO NOT ENDORSE THE ABOVE AND IT IS CLEARLY CONSPIRACY THEORIST DRAMA)

We reported this to the covid hotline and local MP's office, as worried it could be elsewhere in the neighbourhood. Glad we noticed it and people didn't think I had put it up around the school. 

• Surprised 4
  • Angry 6
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, LemonMyrtle said:

Argh! My friend just got one of these lie filled fliers from Clive Palmer. How is this allowed?? Why aren’t they throwing him in jail for risking the national vaccine rollout and destroying confidence??

what is wrong with this country??

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/politics/federal/ludicrous-clive-palmer-slammed-for-letters-spreading-covid-19-misinformation-20210620-p582ju.html

I got one of those today.  My words were "you fucking cockstain" before I threw it in the recycling.

• Like 3
  • Cool 2

LemonMyrtle
1 hour ago, Darryl said:

I got one of those today.  My words were "you fucking cockstain" before I threw it in the recycling.

I’d be too scared to recycle it lest the evil vibes make their way into my toilet paper. Best we burn them all in some sort of cleansing sage fire or something. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

magic_marker
2 hours ago, Dadwasathome said:

We. Don't. Want. Him.

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Dadwasathome said:

He does not have a return to sender stamp...thanks anyway :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JRA said:

I can understand being upset. Aus sending a COVID person to Nz . 

What’s this about? I haven’t seen anything, has someone tested positive since travelling from Australia?

Sancti-claws

I have not read anything about that - I know that they have shut the doors on NSW because of the current outbreak and apparently a few flights in there air on their way have been put into quarantine.

RynandStompy
6 minutes ago, Lees75 said:

Do you think maybe it was airline staff? Assuming it was the same person, a 3 day turn around isn’t long. 

Or govt or business work trip?

• Like 1

RynandStompy
3 minutes ago, Stuffed Olive said:

Left Friday evening, returned Monday morning. Hopefully not attending a large social event. 🤞

I should have looked at the calendar before posting 🤦‍♀️. Obviously not likely a work trip after all.

Kiwi Bicycle

They went to the musesum Te Papa and a Surrealist exhibition. Other places to be confirmed. Sound like a weekend away.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lees75 said:

Do you think maybe it was airline staff? Assuming it was the same person, a 3 day turn around isn’t long. 

We often do NZ for a weekend. Quicker than going to some places in Aus.

Advertisement